More than two players, up to six or eight. Is it possible?

Cap Khan

Mongoose
Hi all. I'm new here. And new to Battlef. Evo I don't even have it yet... :( I do consider to buy it, but I have some questions to you all.

Are you playing with more than two players anytime? And how does that game look like? Is it fun and ist is still a fast paced game?

We might be 6-8 players and we don't know if this is the game for us. We like the scale and teh game seems good and fun. But we want to play on teh same battlefield, controlling a few units per player

Plaese telle me your experience with muntiple player (more than 2) games

I've played a few 4-6 player games of 1st ed evo, but with the players divided between two teams rather than playing individually. The reaction system would have to be looked at if you wanted to have six seperate sides in a fight.

Well I was thinking the way you played, with two sides, but with 3 or 4 players on each side. Did your game work out well? Fun and fast paced? Do you think it will work out with more palyers?

I also has an idea width two sides and one side having two different "clans" but with different goals. Like the one who has the hostage or holds the local radio station wins, or get more points or whatever the "prize" is.

Then they would fight their joint enemy, but also try to get the objectives for their clan, and not let the other one get it. They may not attack ecah other (or get penalties) but use whatever other tactical means to achive their goals.

I don't know if it will work out, but it was a tought, to get the game more interesting.

I think it worked fine, we were playing some very big games - upwards of 5,000 points, but the system scales up nicely and with the reaction system you're not just sitting around waiting for someone to finish an interminable volume of move and shoot actions

All my games have been multi-player from 4 to 6, they have not ben big games as we are still building forces, but generally have 2-4 units each, depending on numbers and scenario. As has been said, because of the reaction system nobdy is sitting around doing nothing and if your forces and table are big enough, several players on the same side could activate units at the same time to speed up play. I was hoping for a 3-way last night but the guy with the Russians failed to show - maybe next week.

Back