More Heroic Abilities?

Herne'sSon

Mongoose
In preparation for a new Legend campaign I'm thinking of, I'm wondering if anyone knows of good sources for additional Heroic Abilities?

I've got all the core "Black Books" for the line, and plan on picking up the Deus Vult books soon-ish (though it's not going to be a Deus Vult campaign; more just curious to read that setting). So what I'm looking for is anything outside of those books.

Simply put, the campaign's going to be something with the PCs as part of an exploratory/expedition group. I want to start them off as somewhat seasoned adventurers, so am planning on giving them a few extra skill points, and let the players pick one Heroic Ability for each PC to start with.

The ones in the books are probably fine, but I thought it might be fun to have some extra options.

Solace Games' "Inhabitants of the Dark" has nine new ones for Drow, which, if you have more nefarious types would work. Adept Concealer; Blood for Strength; Cave Scale Expert; Concealment Advantage; Dark Perception; Dark Tracker; Exceptional Interrogator; Heightened Scent; Vile Seducer.

Jon Brazer Enterprises "Legendary Factions: Common Factions 1" has: Seal Swimmer

Solace Games' Eternity Realms has a slew of them (some of these are from the core, but I think others are variants/new ones). Arrow Cutting; Awesome Smash; Battle Fury; Blood Strike; Blood-Letter; Blinding Strike; Brand; Breath of Healing; Born to the Saddle; Burning Flame; Charging Strike; Covering the Field; Dead Eye; Defiant Leap; Deflecting Parry; Disease Immunity; Dual Shot; Duellist; Empathic Wound; Eviscerating Strike; Fast Healing Strike; Fear; Glow; Heroic Aura; Holy Burn; Hope; Impressive Strike; Intimidating Rage; Invasive Surge; Linguist; Loremaster; Mace Strike; Mighty Blow; Poison Immunity; Power of Faith; Power of Healing; Power Strike; Punishing Hit; Quarry; Rage Strike; Reincarnation; Severing Slash; Strike of Thunder; Sundering Strike; Sweeping Assault; Swift Strike; Tireless; Turn Angel; Turn Demon; Turn Undead; Unholy Burn; Wall Leaping; Word of Faith.

Cool, thanks! I've got the first two books and will take a look. I'll check out Eternity Realms. I think I saw it on DTRPG the other day.

Hi !
Deus Vult is an interesting setting, especially for the Horror mechanics for me. It has 16 Heroic abilities, some are new, like the Martial ones and some involving Piety. You can also find some others in the Hawkmoon of Mongoose, 21 according the book but some aren't new, and there's some really made for the universe like Scientific Genius, but others are interesting. I cannot quote their names, 'cause I'm French and have the french books :p
Btw have a good campaign, looks interesting ^^

Good to know!

Deus Vult looked interesting, but I never picked it up. I'll see if I can track down a copy.

I'm still in the planing stages for this game, but I'm hoping it'll be fun. The basic idea is the PCs are going to be crew members on a ship sailing around in a large, unexplored archipelago. They'll be going from island to island, investigating the people and places of each one. As the campaign progresses, they might discover an ancient race of serpent/lizard people living on the furthest islands out, and get mixed up in their plans.

What I'm hoping to do is run a game that deemphasizes endless combat as solutions to problems, and focuses more on exploration and character interaction.

I'm planning to start this up later in the summer, so doing some of the basic prep work now. Getting NPC stats together, mapping out a few of the first islands they'll be exploring, that sort of thing. My hope is that I'll have enough material together for a few months of play, and then I'll just wing it after I get a better idea of what the players are interested in doing.

Herne'sSon said:
What I'm hoping to do is run a game that deemphasizes endless combat as solutions to problems, and focuses more on exploration and character interaction.
That's always an interesting goal, and not often served (or at least served well) by published adventures. The poster "rust" on here use to create such campaigns for his Traveller players, unfortunately he hasn't posted for 6 years or more.

Vile said:
That's always an interesting goal, and not often served (or at least served well) by published adventures. The poster "rust" on here use to create such campaigns for his Traveller players, unfortunately he hasn't posted for 6 years or more.

Funny you mention Traveller. I was picking away at ideas for this game recently. The set up is that PCs are members of a chartered exploration vessel, roaming around a vast archipelago and exploring the islands within. Encountering strange cultures, ruins of an ancient world, etc. Since the spotlight is to be on the PCs, of course, I was thinking that each adventure would be the ship coming to a new island, the PCs get off the boat and go mess around and see what's going on there.

I was talking to a friend about it, and he suddenly says, "So, it's fantasy Star Trek?"

And hell, that's pretty much what I'm going for at this point. Taking ideas from the original ST series, and reworking them as a fantasy campaign.

Well, Traveller is science fiction age-of-sail, so you're coming full circle. :mrgreen:

Have you seen the old MRQ SRD? That had some interesting Legendary Abilities, or their equivalent.

soltakss said:
Have you seen the old MRQ SRD? That had some interesting Legendary Abilities, or their equivalent.

I haven't looked at MRQ pretty much since it first came out. I'll see if I can track down a copy and check it out. Thanks!

Back