More details on the discounted Atlantean rulebook policy

A

Anonymous

I am still a little mixed up over how to get the revised rulebook. I see that I have to send a snippet of the relevant page to Mongoose. What is the price that this Atlantean version will cost me? I have read somewhere that it is a 60% discount off the price. Now I may be expressing it incorrectly in English, but I figured out that if the book costs $40.00 less $24.00 (60% of $40.00), then the final price would be $16.00. Is that correct so far?

Also, what are the specifics for ordering the book; I assume it is to be mail-ordered from Mongoose, as opposed to me going to my local game store with a cool Conan coupon. I also read that it would be sent to us here in the US, from a US address, so we don't have to get hit with overseas charges. That's cool too.

If somebody who has actually completed the transaction from start (clipping) to finish (receiving the book in their hands), can comment on this (even privately), I would really appreciate it alot.

Thanks in advance,

Frank (ftroise@si.rr.com)

Anonymous said:
I am still a little mixed up over how to get the revised rulebook. I see that I have to send a snippet of the relevant page to Mongoose. What is the price that this Atlantean version will cost me? I have read somewhere that it is a 60% discount off the price. Now I may be expressing it incorrectly in English, but I figured out that if the book costs $40.00 less $24.00 (60% of $40.00), then the final price would be $16.00. Is that correct so far?

The book is retailing for $49.95 in most places, which is the price listed on Mongoose's front page.

60% off $50 would be $20, which is what it is selling for with the discount.

$20, ayup.

I sent my $27 check (to cover shipping and whatnot) a couple of weeks ago and I haven't heard anything yet. Funny thing is my buddies all decided to order copies through the local store the same day that I sent my check and their copies arrived on Friday 8/27, the leapfrogging bastards.

Still waiting for my check to surface somewhere across the pond...

If anybody has any further questions on this program, just drop Mark a line at mhumphries@mongoosepublishing.com, and he will sort you out!

Sending checks overseas just seems a clumsy way to do business in the 21st century. You have our e-mail addresses associated with the Son's program? What if we were to just...PayPal the money, or some similar electronic transaction?

You not just sending the money. You must send the corner of the last page of your book. The page number must be showing in the corner you clip. Thus the 60% off is a on time thing only for those who purchased the 1st printing.

peace

MightyCthulhu said:
You not just sending the money. You must send the corner of the last page of your book. The page number must be showing in the corner you clip. Thus the 60% off is a on time thing only for those who purchased the 1st printing.

I did that some time ago when I signed up for Sons, along with my present email address. My point remains, if they have that on record, I should be able to send it via some electronic means.

I did that some time ago when I signed up for Sons, along with my present email address. My point remains, if they have that on record, I should be able to send it via some electronic means.

The form has the ability to take the credit card details, so you can email us back the form and we can then take the payment via Credit Card remotely.

Quite a few people have taken this opportunity already.

Just want to confirm that the offer for upgrading to the AE is still valid. I read the Sons of Cimmeria thread and one of the Mongoose guys wrote that the trade in will always be valid. Don't want to chop up my book for nothing.

Thanks all

Sly said:
Just want to confirm that the offer for upgrading to the AE is still valid. I read the Sons of Cimmeria thread and one of the Mongoose guys wrote that the trade in will always be valid. Don't want to chop up my book for nothing.

Thanks all

Yes, the trade in will always be valid.

does this discount apply in-store, ie if i go in with the first edition will i get a refund for the second over the counter?

bocheebs said:
does this discount apply in-store, ie if i go in with the first edition will i get a refund for the second over the counter?

No, the discount is only available via Mongoose Publishing directly.

Since no one else has answered about whether or not they got their AE, I will. I did the page-clipping thing and I have received my CtRPG:AE for $20 plus shipping. It took about 2-3 weeks from the time I sent my check until the book arrived here in California.

I now have CtRPG:AE, and for the moment I am content. 8)

Back