Mongoose's Planned Books

Golan2072 said:
Yo gotta have Kryten, Holly, Ash, and Bishop
..and Robby and C3PO and R2D2 and Huey Duey and Luey and Gonk droid and R4D5 and mouse droids and Marvin and T-1000 and the one with the big ears from Heavy Metal LOL....

dmccoy1693 said:
Amazon has officially changed the release date of the TMB to May 21, 2008. So those of us that ordered Traveller from Amazon should be receiving it shortly.

What is TMB. If it is Traveller Main Book, Gosh I had it 3 weeks ago from my LFGS. At a decent discount for pre-ordering.

Mongoose Acolyte said:
I love using robots.

This one time the characters were hired to hijack a liner and had the tools of the trade smuggled on board for them. They had been briefed that there were Imperial Agents on board - I described the other passengers and once they ruled out a family of three (mum, dad, five-year old kid) my agents were in place. And the kid was then changed to be a specially constructed robot.

When retrieving the weapons the little girl came round the corner and asked them what they were doing. So the big ex-marine walks up to 'her' and tells the rest of the group - 'Don't worry, I can deal with the kid...' (not in a psychotic way either - just prevent her from rasing an alarm too early).

Famous (almost) last words...

Good times...

:twisted:

ROFL!!!! I wish I could have been there for that one! Good one! :D :D :D

BenTOGS said:
dmccoy1693 said:
Amazon has officially changed the release date of the TMB to May 21, 2008. So those of us that ordered Traveller from Amazon should be receiving it shortly.

What is TMB. If it is Traveller Main Book, Gosh I had it 3 weeks ago from my LFGS. At a decent discount for pre-ordering.

Somewhere on this forum or the CoTI Mongoose stated the release date for the main stream stores was intentional to give the comic book stores a chance to sell, so if you want the books sooner hit your local comic book store (you may have to ask them to order it before it is released); otherwise just wait a month or two and you can purchase it from the main retailers such as Barnes and Nobles, Amazon.com, and the like.

By-the-way, I would very much like to see a Robots supplemental book, that way the people, like me, who want robots in their adventures can have them and those that don't, will not have to worry about it. I would also like to see cybernetics and AI included in the supplement as well.

WhiteWolf said:
By-the-way, I would very much like to see a Robots supplemental book, that way the people, like me, who want robots in their adventures can have them and those that don't, will not have to worry about it.
For instance, yesterday when I was helping Son#1 attempt his first ever roleplaying character, he asked, "can I be a robot?"

[ just wait a month or two and you can purchase it from the main retailers such as Barnes and Nobles, Amazon.com, and the like.

"Main Retailers" What you call main retailers are the johnie-come-latelys to the Game industry that don't give good service, don't know what they're selling, don't have gaming space, and generally destroy the Gaming community.
Gimme my Friendly Local Game Store anytime. They know me, they suggest new items, have groups that play in store, provide a place to meet new people who can bring new insights into a game, and run demonstrations How many 'Main retailers' (Walmarx) will be participating in Free RPG Day on Saturday, June 21st, all across America. Mine is, and look forward to picking up the Traveller quick-play that Mongoose is putting into the mix. Free! Along with so many other game companies.

Traders & Gunboats
by Bryan Steele
August 25, 2008
Product Description
From freelance tramp freighters to bulk carriers to the mainstays of large shipping lines the Traders and Gunboats rulebook introducers many new ship types to the universe of Traveller. In addition to purely civilian vessels there are also details on system police cutters and gunboats that aim to help those in trouble and to stamp out criminal activity within a system, be it smugglers, hijacks or piracy.

Out of curiousity on T&G, will the ships be built using the new High Guard, or will they be built using the system from the main Traveller book? While I won't mind some new systems, I hope that the player-level ships are all built on the basic construction system in the main book, not from High Guard.

BenTOGS said:
What is TMB. If it is Traveller Main Book,

Yes. The Logo License says that the Traveller Main Book can be referred to as the TMB in 3rd party books. So that's the term I am using.

ROFL!!!! I wish I could have been there for that one! Good one! :D :D :D[/quote]

That is the one event from that short lived campaign that all the players keep remarking upon when talking about Traveller as well, even though it must have been 4 years ago now.

The fact that the party's combat monster got totally knackered by a 'cute five-year old girl' made them all a little less gung-ho from then on!

Had some really great times with that group until jobs/circumstances/moving away caused the group to split up. Mind you they all agree I am a *&^%&£@ of a GM (which is why they liked playing the games I ran - well I hope that's what they mean by that).

I vote a big YES for a Robots book. One which has a chapter appropriate to a CTU campaign, but which then offers loads of alternative material for all sorts of other science fiction, from Transhumanism and the godlike AIs of an Ian Banks style universe to data for robot creation as PCs (including service record rolls instead of career paths or something similar). One of the great things about MGT is that it is no longer required to be exclusively tied to the Imperium campaign, and I think a Robots sourcebook which treats the subject across a broader SF spectrum would be a great idea.

Nickbergquist said:
I vote a big YES for a Robots book. One which has a chapter appropriate to a CTU campaign, but which then offers loads of alternative material for all sorts of other science fiction, from Transhumanism and the godlike AIs of an Ian Banks style universe to data for robot creation as PCs (including service record rolls instead of career paths or something similar). One of the great things about MGT is that it is no longer required to be exclusively tied to the Imperium campaign, and I think a Robots sourcebook which treats the subject across a broader SF spectrum would be a great idea.

I can see that. How about a Terminator RPG? I know there was one years ago, but with the Fox TV show & the new movies, it might go again. Can't you just see the SKYNET Source Book- You open the book, and it 's 200 pages of soucecode, and a disk...

Beastttt said:
wasn't book 8 from the original Traveller about robots

Yep, it was. Unfortunately its technology seems somewhat outdated, so
a new robot supplement would be most welcome - at least to me.

Nickbergquist said:

I shudderingly point out that the Dredd Traveller setting will have to include robots, which means it'll have to include......Walter.

"Twy Me !" "A hewo Thwew and Thwew".

Ahahahahaha.....

captainjack23 said:
I shudderingly point out that the Dredd Traveller setting will have to include robots, which means it'll have to include......Walter.

I do not know that Walter, but it seems to be a serious problem. However,
unless Walter is aquatic, at least my setting should be safe. 8)

same here

[/quote]Yep, it was. Unfortunately its technology seems somewhat outdated, so
a new robot supplement would be most welcome - at least to me.[/quote]

Well, Robots seems to have a serious fan base, so I'll suggest something different - are there plans (or have I just missed it somewhere else) for looking at 'Snapshot'?

Back