dmccoy1693

Cosmic Mongoose
Amazon has several books listed for Traveller:
Link
Traders & Gunboats
by Bryan Steele
August 25, 2008
Product Description
From freelance tramp freighters to bulk carriers to the mainstays of large shipping lines the Traders and Gunboats rulebook introducers many new ship types to the universe of Traveller. In addition to purely civilian vessels there are also details on system police cutters and gunboats that aim to help those in trouble and to stamp out criminal activity within a system, be it smugglers, hijacks or piracy.

Link
Fighting Ships
by Bryan Steele
September 30, 2008
Book Description
From small cruisers to mighty battleships the Fighting Ships supplement introduces a fleet of new warships to this latest incarnation of the Traveller game. With a wide variety of warships available the Games Master will have a valuable tool allowing him to detail local fleets or vast interstellar armadas.

Just two books I happened to catch.

If Beltstrike will include additional material on Belter characters, rules for
belt mining, informations on Belter equipment and thelike (like the "old
Beltstrike", only better and more ... :D), I will be very much looking for-
ward to it.

Well, and a new Merchant Princes would also be fine ...

One other thing if someone could... a redone Robots book !

Might be interesting to see the various takes on Robotics as well

Hiver, Kk'ree, Vagr, Solomani, as well as the Zho's and Imps.

Take care

E. Herdan

Beltstrike I'll be buying for sure, as well as Mercenary and High Guard. Scouts I'll buy if the worldgen system in it would be good enough (without the bugs and gross inaccuracies of CT's LBB6 Scouts). About Merchant Prince I don't know, as I haven't seen the trading system for the core book yet - it might be sufficient to my needs.

I probably won't buy Traders and Gunboats or Fighting Ships - I like to build my own universes and design my own ships and deckplans.

rust said:
Emperor Herdan said:
One other thing if someone could... a redone Robots book !

Yes, please !

As mentioned in another thread, I urgently need some robots.

I am one for an updated robots book, might want to throw in some more advance enhancements for those poor post war cyborgs too. :wink:

Good Morning, All:

While I am working on a Robots book as a third-party publisher (Flynn's Guide to Robots), I have to admit that a Robots book by MGT would be quite welcome. (I've always been a big fan of robots in my Sci-Fi.)

With Regards,
Flynn

I love using robots.

This one time the characters were hired to hijack a liner and had the tools of the trade smuggled on board for them. They had been briefed that there were Imperial Agents on board - I described the other passengers and once they ruled out a family of three (mum, dad, five-year old kid) my agents were in place. And the kid was then changed to be a specially constructed robot.

When retrieving the weapons the little girl came round the corner and asked them what they were doing. So the big ex-marine walks up to 'her' and tells the rest of the group - 'Don't worry, I can deal with the kid...' (not in a psychotic way either - just prevent her from rasing an alarm too early).

Famous (almost) last words...

Good times...

:twisted:

Flynn said:
While I am working on a Robots book as a third-party publisher (Flynn's Guide to Robots), I have to admit that a Robots book by MGT would be quite welcome. (I've always been a big fan of robots in my Sci-Fi.)
I'd love to have simple and easy-to-use robot design rules...

dmccoy1693 said:
Fighting Ships
by Bryan Steele
September 30, 2008
Book Description
From small cruisers to mighty battleships the Fighting Ships supplement introduces a fleet of new warships to this latest incarnation of the Traveller game. With a wide variety of warships available the Games Master will have a valuable tool allowing him to detail local fleets or vast interstellar armadas.

Good news indeed. With the above and High Guard, we'll hopefully be able to get real naval campaigns up and running.

OK, sorry, but I vote no robots. They are useless in a sophont-driven game except as something that shoots or is shot at.

I think it would be interesting if a new major race were introduced, one that maybe has a higher tech level than the Imperium or the Hivers. One that's not connected to the Ancient Droyne. The new Mongoose system would be great for this. Imagine, some thing NEW in the traveller universe.

Put a Dyson sphere in the unmapped Far Frontiers or Spinward Marches which out of they could erupt . Or a gate from another pocket Universe. (I know, something simular was done in the Grandpappy's adventure, KNIGHTFALL.

BenTOGS said:
OK, sorry, but I vote no robots. They are useless in a sophont-driven game except as something that shoots or is shot at.

I think it would be interesting if a new major race were introduced, one that maybe has a higher tech level than the Imperium or the Hivers. One that's not connected to the Ancient Droyne. The new Mongoose system would be great for this. Imagine, some thing NEW in the traveller universe.

Put a Dyson sphere in the unmapped Far Frontiers or Spinward Marches which out of they could erupt . Or a gate from another pocket Universe. (I know, something simular was done in the Grandpappy's adventure, KNIGHTFALL.

...and a good deal of Traveller purists would scream bloody murder, regardless of how the above was introduced.

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords... or rather, a high quality robot supplement.

BenTOGS said:
I fall somewhere between no robots and a true AI robot. I do not want robots that replace the sapient life forms. But the idea of robots as support roles to the PCs is not a bad idea.

So with that in mind, I say yes to the Robot book, but will use it in a limited way.

Daniel

Oh yes to robots. They are mostly just colour, but a sci-fi game without robots?!? :)

When can we expect the first adventures to come out....? I know that 760 Patrons is on the cards, but I've been especially excited by the talk of Paizo style adventure paths and and hints of being inspired a little by Mass Effect.

"...and a good deal of Traveller purists would scream bloody murder, regardless of how the above was introduced. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Screaming makes noise, noise makes publicity, publicity makes sales, sales makes new products... You see where this is going?

Besides us purists are dying... of old age, and excessive screaming.

Amazon has officially changed the release date of the TMB to May 21, 2008. So those of us that ordered Traveller from Amazon should be receiving it shortly.

BenTOGS said:
Besides us purists are dying... of old age, and excessive screaming.
That and lots of hand wringing. :lol:

I think it is a good thing to shake things up once in a while. Just not too often so it does not disturb my nap time. :wink:

Daniel

Back