Mongoose miniatures

Götterfunke

Mongoose
Hi, Matthew!

I`ve read the Mighty Armies introducrion on mongoosepublishing.com - and I`m convinced that your miniatures games will be something for my game collection. Especially the mighty armies and the Starship Troopers scenerios attracted my attention. (not so the Judge Dredd miniatires game - I`m sorry)

But what`s about the promised A2089 miniatures games.........???? There is no A2089 section in the mongoose forum. Does this mean that there will be no A2089 miniatures game???? :cry: :cry:

From the looks of it A:2089 looks to be quite a ways down the list as far as minis go.

The sad thing is it's hard to find info on support for that game, which will cause it to falter. If you don't believe me just ask Decipher what lack of support will do to a game line.

Hi guys,

Despair not!

Our announced miniatures games, thus far, cover only 2004 and part of 2005. There is plenty of time for A2089 to make an appearence.

However, if that is not enough for you, consider this - we are about to commission a trilogy of A2089 graphic novels and already have three A2089 novels ready to go. They should begin making their appearence in early 2005, giving A2089 a real boost and no doubt prompting us to take another look at the game engine itself. . .

That's kewl, glad to know there's something that will be goin on with that game this year and next.

Really though in my opinion it would have been better to move A2089 up in the schedule to produce it sooner, kinda get people interested/reinterested in the game by giving them figures for the machines they pilot.

Ah well that's just my opinion though, either way I can't wait to see what they look like.

Things Mat has already mentioned.

What should the main focus be: Wargame or RPG?

They need better looking Warmek designs. Players should not scream "kill me before I buy another ugly Warmek".

Starship Troopers minis game was expected to come out before A:2089 minis.

I knew Starship Troopers was gonna come out early as well as the Mighty Armies stuff, but really it's been more than long enough that we've seen anything new for A2089 that I'm sure some people wouldn't be as willing to play a "dead system" as opposed to another mech line that is still being visibly supported. Either way I want to wait and see what happens with all this.

Well I have several small projects in the works but I'm not as creative writer as I would like.

Some areas Which I feel could use expanded rules (more than a paragraph including fluff) are:

Chemical, Biological, Nuclear Warfare - scary, realistic rules to make players hate the guys who gassed them. Not the present "pop - gas - I passed my save - attack over, go back to normal".

Airborne Ops - mass troop drops, cargo delivery, special forces type long range parachute insertions, advanced gravity powered vehicles.

Power armor - an alternate design system.

Lane I can see where your going with that and if you're running a game I can certainly understand your justifying using different rules to handle NBC attacks. However for general purposes I can see the gas rules as they are currently, although if someone is stupid enough to stay in the gas cloud then multiple saves would be called for.

Airborne ops I'm not sure about, I'd have to go back and read.

Power armor I'd also have to read again.

Hi, everybody!!!

It`s cool to read something new about A2089 - I`m curious about the timeline, which will be supported by novels and graphic novels....I`m sure that A 2089 has the potential for a great storyline....mercenaries (like Blackwater) or the struggle between EF and US will give this universe a certain touch of reality....

I`m with you LoneStranger - that some people will buy more A2089 products, if there is a release list or something like that.....this will show future consumers: this universe is not dead - let`s play A2089! :D

I`m with you Lane Shutt - there should be very cool warmek designs.....otherwise people will buy Heavy Gear or Classic Battletech. With a miniatures game the warmeks will be the center of the game, it`s not the story (because it won`t be a RPG, but a wargame). I hope there will be some revolutionary designs like Arachno warmeks and double seaters!!!

Have a nice evening!!

personaly I thought at one time I had read an article in Signs and Portents that had a preview of a book from a nother company that was doing a supliment for Armageddon that added Powersuits... but havent heard or seen anything about it since.. and that was in issue 1 of Signs by Mystic Eye games and was already suposed to be out and since then I havent heard a single thing about it....

CARTMAG said:
personaly I thought at one time I had read an article in Signs and Portents that had a preview of a book from a nother company that was doing a supliment for Armageddon that added Powersuits... but havent heard or seen anything about it since.. and that was in issue 1 of Signs by Mystic Eye games and was already suposed to be out and since then I havent heard a single thing about it....

Been a while since someone last asked after this book. :) I think it just got lost somewhere in that special little place where unreleased RPG publications go. Last time anyone brought it up, I sent a polite email to Mystic Eye asking if there was any information available, and said email also appears to have been eaten by cyberspace.

Purkie I thought you where eaten by that cyber monster havent seen your name in a while...... and truth be told I was looking forwards to that supliment due to the fact I was thinking of brining thoes suits into my DS game im gona be running in a few weeks....

Back