Mongoose Conspiracy Theory

Rurik

Mongoose
Posters have implied all the rules controversy may hurt Mongoose's sales. But I have realized what is really going on. Everyone involved with the current rules debate is dying to get their hands on a copy to find out what the rules really say - and no one from Mongoose is telling us. They have sown the seed of confusion and now there is only one way we can be saved - buy a copy ASAP.

Shades of Gbaji. Has anyone noticed the similarities between "Nysalor" and "Mongoose"? One starts with an "M". the other an "N", eh?

Which all raises the question: Where was a certain Mr. Sprange on the day JFK was assassinated?

Yes!!!! The cycle has repeated itself......Wakboth, The Devil, has returned in seemingly pleasing guise!!!!!!

Note how "mongoose" is an anagram for "me go soon"......and where, I might ask, does wakboth intend to go? The answer is obvious: Here......planet Earth. The arrival of the new Runequest is as a break in the Great Compromise!!!! CHAOS IS COMING!!!!

Oh hell Boss...they are on to us!!!

:lol:

Seriously, this thread made me laugh out loud. Good on you!

Bry

burdock said:
Yes!!!! The cycle has repeated itself......Wakboth, The Devil, has returned in seemingly pleasing guise!!!!!!

Note how "mongoose" is an anagram for "me go soon"......and where, I might ask, does wakboth intend to go? The answer is obvious: Here......planet Earth. The arrival of the new Runequest is as a break in the Great Compromise!!!! CHAOS IS COMING!!!!

Mongoose is also an anagram of SOME GOON, an obvious (oblivious?) alias for Eurmal. :wink:

burdock said:
Note how "mongoose" is an anagram for "me go soon"......and where, I might ask, does wakboth intend to go? The answer is obvious: Here......planet Earth.

Mongoose is also anagram for "goes moon" so I believe their foul plans involve our beloved satellite. Keep watching the skies...

Rurik said:
Which all raises the question: Where was a certain Mr. Sprange on the day JFK was assassinated?

:roll: Not sure what to make of this...so I'll play along with the fun 8)

He was surely at home, at his desk and writing stuff for one of the books that now rests publsihed and happily in of our shelves reserved for gaming material only... :wink:

Mikko Leho said:
Mongoose is also anagram for "goes moon" so I believe their foul plans involve our beloved satellite. Keep watching the skies...

So Gbaji/Nysalor = Mongoose = Lunars. We have the proof we needed at at last. Mongoose/The Red Goddess are Chaos, and must be destroyed.

Does anyone have Arkat's contact info? e-mail or cell#? maybe we can text him.

Rurik said:
Mikko Leho said:

So Gbaji/Nysalor = Mongoose = Lunars. We have the proof we needed at at last. Mongoose/The Red Goddess are Chaos, and must be destroyed.

Does anyone have Arkat's contact info? e-mail or cell#? maybe we can text him.
Well that explains the second age setting perfectly. It's all part of a plot to create the Red Goddess!

I notice that (discounting the logo design) there were seven people involved in creating the core rulebook.

I think some kind of explanation is in order here.

GbajiTheDeceiver said:
I notice that (discounting the logo design) there were seven people involved in creating the core rulebook.

Hmm, if MRQ doesn't go over well, I guess somepole will start referring to the design staff as the Seven Mothers who wrote the game. :D

atgxtg said:
GbajiTheDeceiver said:

Hmm, if MRQ doesn't go over well, I guess somepole will start referring to the design staff as the Seven Mothers who wrote the game. :D

ROTFL! :lol:

Now THAT is funny!

Hard to beleive it came from the same guy as the 'our cat' joke.

Rurik said:

OMG! I actually found a real consiracy link. :shock:

OPeration MONGOOSE was the Kennedy era CIA project to overthrow Castro. Castro is beleived by some to be behind the JFK assiniation.

THe relase date for MRQ is also the aniversary of an SGA report about Operation Mongoose says Cuban response to invasion will be determined by "the will of Cuban armed forces to resist, as well as by the weapons available to them and their proficiency in their use." The report points out that Cuba's ability to defend itself will improve if the Soviet Union continues to provide additional military equipment and training. The possibility of a lengthy U.S. occupation after seizing "military control of the island" is mentioned.

So Mongoose and MRQ is really a 35 year old convert plot to overthrow Castro. :shock:

Aha! :D

atgxtg said:
So Mongoose and MRQ is really a 35 year old convert plot to overthrow Castro. :shock:

It seems to be working too!

Now how does all of this tie into the Moon Goddess?

Wow, just realized the similarity between "Mongoose" and "Moon Goddess"

This gets deeper and deeper. Every time you peel back a layer, there is more underneath.

Like an onion.

atgxtg said:
Rurik said:

OMG! I actually found a real consiracy link. :shock:

OPeration MONGOOSE was the Kennedy era CIA project to overthrow Castro. Castro is beleived by some to be behind the JFK assiniation.

Hmmm, wonder if this explains, in whole or in part, Ted Chang?

LBH

Rurik said:
atgxtg said:

It seems to be working too!

Now how does all of this tie into the Moon Goddess?

Wow, just realized the similarity between "Mongoose" and "Moon Goddess"

This gets deeper and deeper. Every time you peel back a layer, there is more underneath.

Like an onion.
And 35 is 5 times seven, which equates to the Seven Mothers, or Seven Designers of MRQ.

Now, there are 5 books you will need for Glorantha: Core, Companion, 2nd Age, Cults and Magic. I wouldn't be surprised if each of those also had Seven Mothers.

So going by Mongoose's release schedule, which of these will be last out? Because that's the day on which the plot will come to fruition.

And what's a Mongoose anyway? An animal that kills snakes. And what's a dragon? It's all coming together...

I am getting the sinking feeling that when we come to the end of this, I discover that I actually behind it all. :shock:

Well, I guess that Mom was right, and it's all my fault. :(

I personally am a little suspicious of the fact that this topic is being steered by someone named GbajiTheDeciever...

Rurik said:
I personally am a little suspicious of the fact that this topic is being steered by someone named GbajiTheDeciever...

It doesn't matter who'se steering the boat if we don't have any oars in the water.

Back