missing ships - need look a likes...

And what ship would that be? I hope it was after a long life too, for to have a warship named after you meant you had to be a hero and most of them died in the process .

I'll leave the answer for that just now - see if anyone can work it out :)

DM said:
And what ship would that be? I hope it was after a long life too, for to have a warship named after you meant you had to be a hero and most of them died in the process .

I'll leave the answer for that just now - see if anyone can work it out :)

Ahh, a puzzle! How quaint. :wink:

OK, to be fair, you need at least to tell me if the ship's name was as a USN asset or just perhaps the ship was one of the ships included as part of the lend-lease act and starts with "HMS", eh? :wink:

has to be GHQ for me the detail is equisite but I do agree they are over engineered and way expensive in the UK. But that is the caveat isn't it you get what you pay for and you pays your money and takes your choice. I may buy some panzerschiffe too as they do a lot of civvy ships that GHQ just don't touch so I think they will complement each other. Having looked at the Panzerschiffe and other makes I think they are definitely the best of the rest and great value for money. Does anyone know of a UK distributor of them or do I have to order from The States.

jfox61 said:
has to be GHQ for me the detail is equisite but I do agree they are over engineered and way expensive in the UK. But that is the caveat isn't it you get what you pay for and you pays your money and takes your choice. I may buy some panzerschiffe too as they do a lot of civvy ships that GHQ just don't touch so I think they will complement each other. Having looked at the Panzerschiffe and other makes I think they are definitely the best of the rest and great value for money. Does anyone know of a UK distributor of them or do I have to order from The States.

I'm pretty darn sure you can only get them from the U.S. website. Remember that the Panzerschiffe models have the gun barrels cast flush to the deck and they've never heard of deck planking like in GHQ models. They are great for the affordable cost and for the ships that no one else has. :D

never heard of deck planking like in GHQ models.

Of course the deck details on GHQ models are horrendously overscale, so their presence could equally be seen as a criticism :)

DM said:
never heard of deck planking like in GHQ models.

Of course the deck details on GHQ models are horrendously overscale, so their presence could equally be seen as a criticism :)

It's funny that the way I wrote that above it looked as if I liked the GHQ planking and was praising it :oops: . You are so right DM, because in my mind I was looking at it from Panzerschiffe's perspective and in the scale of a 1/2400 model it would be hard to see any detail at all. So I'll thank you for that remark and allow it to support a phrase I'll add for the two items above that "lack of detail is sometimes a good thing." :lol: I'll even go further and state that I made up several of the ship masters for Panzerschiffe over 20 years ago and as a sculptor I never put a single scratch into the deck to represent wooden decking. Any that I did were for areas that could be painted or inked for float plane hatches, etc. So DM is quite correct and I thank him for adding that perspective!

Back