Miniatures

Brianw

Mongoose
I would like to make a suggestion to Mongoose. How about commissioning a quality miniature sculpting outfit like Crippled God Foundry, for example, to sculpt ‘official’ Traveller minis. You could then either sell them as STL files or hire a company to print or cast them for you. Siocast is the hot new thing these days…

I’d kill for some proper Traveller alien species minis, especially Vargr!

The folks who did the big printable scout ship also have a bunch of minis available. The forum is rejecting the link as too spam-like but you can search for 2nd Dynasty on MyMiniFactory.

I’ve found a few others (like some fairly simplistic but usable Droyne) by searching Yeggi.com, and there are a number of SF-themed Patreon accounts where you can sometimes find stuff that’s not too out of place in a Traveller setting. (I have a page on gaming.drl2.com for STL resources for superhero games, which I also can’t link to, but it’s in the menu and has a lot of SF themed material mixed in.)

Yes, but there aren’t a ton of minis from them and the quality doesn’t match the work they do (did?) on the ships. I think they may have outsourced the minis. Also, all the Vargr are in combat poses and there are only about four Aslan if I recall.
my dream situation would be multi-part plastic sprue figures using North Star or at least just like their system. However, the initial steel molds are hella expensive. Siocast could be a better option, perhaps. 🤷‍♂️

Mongoose was going to have a minis line.

It would have tied into the boardgame for naval boarding actions.

It was called Vanguard. It was kickstartered and I backed it immediately. Sadly almost nobody else did (well, 179) so the campaign was pulled (after five days) and all those lovely Imperial Star Marines, Zhodani, and potentially Aslan, Vargr, Solomani, Ship's Crew, Droyne, Exotics, Pets , Ithklur, Hivers etc. sets of minis are but a dream.

Hopefully it can be resurrected to tie in with FFW :)

After spending hours doing research on Google, the Traveller SF RPG (Mongoose Publishing editions) Facebook page, and these forums, I have acquired about a dozen good suggestions for Traveller minatures (people and starships) in 15mm and 25/28mm scale (phsyical unpainted/pre-painted and STLs versions). I will be writing them up into a new post, and sharing as soon as I can. :)

Mongoose was going to have a minis line.

It would have tied into the boardgame for naval boarding actions.

It was called Vanguard. It was kickstartered and I backed it immediately. Sadly almost nobody else did (well, 179) so the campaign was pulled (after five days) and all those lovely Imperial Star Marines, Zhodani, and potentially Aslan, Vargr, Solomani, Ship's Crew, Droyne, Exotics, Pets , Ithklur, Hivers etc. sets of minis are but a dream.

Hopefully it can be resurrected to tie in with FFW :)
I wish I had known about it, or given it’s fate, maybe it’s best that I didn’t… 😏
I agree, it would be awesome if they could resurrect it with the FFW line! I could be wrong, but Traveller seems more popular again, unless that’s just my perception because I’m paying attention to it again. 🤷‍♂️

After spending hours doing research on Google, the Traveller SF RPG (Mongoose Publishing editions) Facebook page, and these forums, I have acquired about a dozen good suggestions for Traveller minatures (people and starships) in 15mm and 25/28mm scale (phsyical unpainted/pre-painted and STLs versions). I will be writing them up into a new post, and sharing as soon as I can. :)
Please do, I look forward to it!

Back