Miniatures Find

I use the GW Chaos Mauraders (the plastic ones) that are unmounted. They are awesome, as they are heavily muscled, posable, and are wearing gear and armour that would suit many fighters and barbarians. I've taken a couple of these figs and using the "green stuff" from GW I've added lots of details (cloaks, hair, scabards) to them to make them into different minis of Conan. I've got a Conan with light armour and a helmet, I've got a heavily armoured Conan with a helmet and shield and I've got a Conan fig that is dressed the same as he is in the later parts of Conan the Barbarian movie, including no helmet and his sword scabard. All in all, I think these minis make the best barbarians!

-Hollywood

I'm a big fan of the historics made by Foundry.
http://www.wargamesfoundry.com
They also make minis of characters from the 2000AD comic including Slaine (and Judge Dredd for anyone that's into that game). Their style is akin to the miniatures put out by the now defunct Grenadier, in fact they seem to be using either some of their old molds or some of the same artists. I think that these are some of the best minis out their, but I used Grenadier minis "back in the day" so I'm biased.

Back