Miniatures and Temporary Army Lists

Martin said:
The Australians have just taken delivery of their first Abrams M1A1 MBT

huzzah for us, too bad the NT bridges cant support them..... There a MASSIVE improvement over our Leo 1s thou! 8)

Hiromoon said:
It's supposed to be the future, Kristovich.... this is supposing that the AK4 was fully replaced by the AK5.

I wouldn't be to sure. The AK5 have a tendency of jamming and messing around, and it uses 5.56mm, the AK4 on the other hand is a good weapon; accurate up to 300m with standard sights, not likely to jam or otherwise mess up as opposed to the AK5 and it uses 7.62mm rounds. And I've read that plans have been laid up for another 10 years of service for the AK4.

Not sure if all of that will make any difference in-game though.

Hiromoon said:
And the information comes from the internet, ranging from country's military sites to wikipedia information.

Thanks man :wink:

Kristovich said:
Still like these lists. Escpecally the Swedish one :twisted:

Just wondering, where do you get all the info?

And you forgot the AK4 in Swedish assault rifles...

AK4 (7.62mm automatic rifle, mag holds 20 bullets, don't know what the "true" manufacturer or name is) is mainly (only?) used by "Nationella Insatsstyrkan", the Swedish version of US reserve. And even they are starting to convert to the AK5, as the higher caliber doesn't do enouth differance. (5.56mm or 7.62mm will still not stop a heavy vehicle, civilian or military unless you hit a "soft spot" like the drivers head).

To stop a truck and such we have AG90... (12.7mm MP round has ALOT better stoping power)

Well, I'm pretty sure I've read that the AK4 will be having another decade of service, but I could be wrong though.

Anyway, I like these lists and I appreciate that Hiromoon has taken time to put them together.

Kristovich said:
Well, I'm pretty sure I've read that the AK4 will be having another decade of service, but I could be wrong though.

Anyway, I like these lists and I appreciate that Hiromoon has taken time to put them together.

The lists are cool...

Well... The Kpist m/45 should have left service last year, but alas... :p

Orders and contra-orders is all we get in the logistic branch of Försvarsmakten.

Mwahahaha. Work on the russian one will continue afte I do some research.

Also, using the BF:Ev engine, I'm working on an Occult Skirmish game.

Chiwie said:
150px-Australianarmy.gif

Australian Army

(im going to attempt to guess with what sources i have there 2015ish gear... :p )

Weapons
Assault Rifles:
F88A4 (Steyr AUG with multiple picattinny rails for attaching all kinds of fun)
AICW (F88A4 with Metal Storm 40mm GL..... very nice and nasty bit of kit)
M4 Carbine (SASR/Commando spec ops, seems to always have M203, Scope, laser disg. and the odd sliencer)
M16 (SASR/Commando spec ops, lots of M203s here to)

Pistols:
Browning Hi-Power pistol

Sniper Rifles:
SR-98 (Accuracy International AW sniper rifle)
AW50F (.50 cal BMG of above rifle, used for anti material work)

Support Weapons / Machine Guns:
F89 Minimi (two per Infantry section)
FN MAG 58

Anti-Tank:
M72 Light Armour Weapon
84 mm Carl Gustav Medium Range Anti-Armour Weapon (MRAAW)
Javelin Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM)
Ground Vehicles
Tanks:

APCs / IFVs:
ASLAV (LAV/Stryker made for Australian conditions)
Bushmaster
M113 APC

Tanks
Leopard 1 MBT
M1A1-D (AIM)

Transports:
Land Rover

Aircraft

Airplanes:
F-35 (or maybe F-22..... if we are lucky US dept of tech is considering)
F-18 (to be phased out by F-35)
F-111 (to be phased out by F-35)

Helicopters:
ARH Tiger
S-70A Blackhawk
CH-47 Chinook
Eurocopter MRH-9

Unmanned:
Skylark
I-View 250

Infantry Networking Systems (eg Land Warrior, FIST etc)
LAND 125 Soldier Combat System

:p that was easier than i thought! *thanks god for Wikipedia drawing all this info into one place*

for minis

http://eurekamin.com.au/index.php?cPath=591_592&sort=3a

100KSM02.jpg

100KSM01.jpg

Australian Disruptive Pattern Camouflage Uniform (DPCU)
00001.gif

Australian Desert Pattern Uniform (abbrev. ADPU)
00168.gif
Thanks dude! I'll definatly use this stuff and army badge, the minis though might just be BFE brits converted and some appropriate brits from the assualtgroup and eureka minis :) .

Maybe even a battle of australian(or maybe ANZAC) forces versus alien invaders :twisted:

Sikil said:
AK4 (7.62mm automatic rifle, mag holds 20 bullets, don't know what the "true" manufacturer or name is)

AK3 = FN FAL Belgium
AK4 =H&K G3 German, but we produce it ourselves aswell, i think;)
AK5= basically a modified FN FNC 80 Belgium

AG 90= Barrett M82A1

This may not be the best place for this post, but here goes.

I was looking around on various websites, thinking about recce vehicles for the british units in BF: evo, and came across this on 2 separate sites; http://www.army-technology.com/projects/future/.

Looks like the British Army has found it's version of an armoured humvee, same sort of roles too by the look of things. Don't think it'll replace all of the Sabre or Scimitar vehicles, especially not in Armoured regt's, but it definately looks like being a mainstay of the new Recce battalions.

still not seen a panther on the road yet though :(

and unlike the landrover availability of spare parts in foreign war theaters is gonna be hard to come by, i think the landy has a life ahead of it still for a long time.

to fix a landy you need a hammer an a spanner ;)

Hiromoon said:
Gerb_VDV.jpg

Russian Airborne Troops or VDV ( from "Vozdushno-Desantnye Voyska" Russian: Воздушно-десантные войска = ВДВ)
We're running with the 106 Airborne Division, concentrating on the 51st Airborne Regiment (1555 personnel)

Weapons
Assault Rifles:
AK-100 series

Pistols:
Makarov PM (9mm Markarov)

Sniper Rifles:
Dragunov SVD

Support Weapons / Machine Guns:
RPK 7.62mm Machine Gun

Anti-Tank:
9M133 Kornet (AT-14)
9K115-2 Metis-M (AT-13 Saxhorn)

Ground Vehicles
Tanks:
-Being an Airborne force, the VDV relies on their IFVs

APCs / IFVs:
-BMD-4: Amphibious IFV
-BTR-D: Modified BMD, Multipurpose armored transporter with Kliver turret armed with 30mm gun, 7.62mm machine gun and four Kornet ATGM launchers.
--BTR-D varients:
--BTR-RD: Anti-Tank Guided Missile variant w/ 2 launchers (AT-4/5)
--BTR-ZD: Air Defense varient w/ ZU-23 Twin 23mm Air Defense Gun

Transports:

Aircraft
Airplanes:
Sukhoi Su-30 (Multi-Role)
MiG-29SMT (Air Superiority)
Sukhoi Su-24M2 (Ground Attack)

Helicopters:
Super Hind (Attack/Transport)
Ka-50 Black Shark (Attack)
Mi-17Hip (Transport)

Unmanned:
-Still Researching this

Kristovich said:
AK-100 series?

Something I missed? Do the AK-103 really exist?

All in all, like I've said before, great job!

yes! wikipedia to the rescue!

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The AK-101 is an assault rifle of the Kalashnikova series. The AK-101 is designed for the world export market, using standard 5.56 x 45 mm NATO cartridges, which is the standard of all NATO armies. The AK-101 is aimed at those looking for the logistical compatibility and familiarity of the 5.56x45 NATO round with the proven quality and reliability of a Kalashnikov. Potential customers may be Western oriented countries looking for just that. It is designed with modern and composite materials, including plastics that reduce weight and improve accuracy. Many of the improvements found in the AK-101 are also present in the AK-103 and the rest of the AK-10X series of rifles.
[/code]

still not seen a panther on the road yet though

and unlike the landrover availability of spare parts in foreign war theaters is gonna be hard to come by, i think the landy has a life ahead of it still for a long time.

to fix a landy you need a hammer an a spanner

Oh yes, not gonna lose the landrover for a long time yet. I see the Panther doing the kind of stuff the ferret was originally brought into do. Which means my old favourite tactic of having heavily camoed airmobile landrover's hiding in bushes ambushing stuff with Milan's will still be fun! :twisted:

In all of my years as a military brat and a tank geek, why have I not seen this????

It's a freakin' alligator schoolbus.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/gvp/

I want one for my USMC or ARMY troops.

Nezeray

Back