Mega-City One and Canada

How much of Canada is (or was, prior to the Apocalypse War) part of Mega-City One? The game says that the city stretches as far north as "Ottowa" (sic) and the map on the wikipedia page shows all of southern Ontario as part of the city before the War. But then, I'm sure that I've seen some maps that didn't have any part of Canada within the city boundaries. Is there a definitive, official answer?

Ottawa, North,

Pensylvania, West

Jackson, South.

Thats all I know.

You might have been looking at maps in Mega City Ones history.

megacity1map.jpg

All I know is that the Canadian parts of the city are mainly radiated lands and only a small island in amongst it is occupied by the city. As you can see in the map.

I forget what they have up in those parts, but I beleive it's one of the few places where convicted perps are kept. it might also be a outpost against the denizens of cursed earth. On the account that it's surround be radited areas. Don't quote me on that.

Anyway, the fact that it's within the the city walls with out being inhabitaed might the raeson it's referred to differently. I hope that helps.

I might research it myself if feel like it. I have few books on this.

The North West Hab zone was once part of the city proper, but during the apocalypse war the sectors surrounding it were nuked, leaving a small number of sectors physically isolated from the rest of the city. The area consists of 'normal' city sectors (can't remember how many, four to half a dozen), but are mpporer and more run down than elsewhere and crime tends to be more common, if anything.

The area has been the setting for several Dredd stories, including my all time favourite 'The Pit'.

As for Canada, it still exists in Dredd's trime. (The 'Mandroid' series mentions the Canadian authorities)

In the 2000AD Sci-Fi Special story "The Sweet Taste of Justice" there are a few references to Canada before the Apocalypse War.
Sugar, usually refered to in the story as 'white powder', ( a profit crop if smuggled into MC1 ) seems to have been grown on the 'Canadian Plantations'. The MC1 North Gate was the route for 'Pan-Can' traffic. Canada at this time seems to have had access to fertile soil , some of which was exported to Mega City One.

Highway to Canada features in recent 2000AD. From Canada it 'snaked down through the barren wasteland of the North-west Hab zone'. By the time the Highway enters MC1 it is a raised structure which runs through the wall about three fifths up the wall's face.

Back