Make your own OGL Cyberpets

First draft or no, this is some sharp work, ShadeTree. Congrats!

(Though I am very, VERY worried about anyone who might desire to install a joy button in a pet. That sounds like far more information than I need to have about anyone... :) )

-A

Thanks. That means alot. Still needs alot of work and proofreading.

Question thats giving me the hardest problem, and the reason the section on Bio-replacement isn't there yet. What happens if I give that wolf Neural Boosters a Vocorder and a Will Barrier all at beta grade....
5 int, 16 wisdom and the ability to make itself heard.....

Regarding the joybutton, there are some sick puppies out there I guess :wink:

Now I can make a Cargo Ferret
lets see strength 3 so 10 lbs
tiny size quadruped so 7.5 lbs
Beta Grade Heavy Cargo Frame 22.5 lbs unencumbered

Kiddingness aside this is whats keeping me from finishing the bio section of the document. I keep playing with options. I just figured it out adding bone sheaths, muscle grafts, and heavy spine with the above cybergear and the thing could carry 49.5 lbs, course it only has 10 self points to start with so it was pointless

Or how about an Armoured Cow with a hardpoint.....

By all means use em. Make your own and send me the details too :)

Some other things that have come to mind:
modifying the base price and install price dependant on size....I need a chart for that
Plus most of these systems would have to be custommade....I need rules for that
Plus I still need to work on the bio-replacement stuff...

Plus I need to take monkeys and give them Nueral boosters and Magnetic Wings and send them out to find Dorothy.

Work on aquatic, flying, and bipedial animals(Attack Sharks, Scout Hawks, and Wrestling Apes)

and one more bit of hardware I just came up with

Master/Slave Link system(rough draft)
This is a two part system, one for the handler and one for the animal in question. Master links are much like skillslot rigs and come with a different amount of slots but they can only handle 1 +int mod hardwired slave links at a time. Slave links can only transmit one sense at a time so to hear and see what one animal is seeing and hearing would take up two slots. Using this system is much like jacking into the web as in the user is totally immersed in the data capture and can use his diplomacy skill to subtly control the animal(DC animals Wisdom? + situational mods). With Animal death being detrimental to the psyche of the Handler(loss of self?). I think I just made an Animal webcrawler

And an actual serious use for the infamous Joy Button: Powered down of course :) it can be used as a training aid, or an instant "down boy, he's a friend" command.

I like it! Any intention of releasing it formerly under the OGL?

Socket

uh that's formally not formerly heheh
The week has been waaaaaaay to long.
Socket

Actually I more or less stole your idea... sorry about that. I needed a few guard dogs, and then I just cyber-enhanced them a bit. Well quite a bit. They almost killed two of my players.
I gave them amplified vision, flare compensation, the crushing jaw and a bit of cyber armour. They turned out to be damn near indestructible! Oh yeah and they were truly mad killing machines apart from that...
Whatturned out to be really cool though, was their introduction. The party was given the assignment to break in to a house and steal some important documents. Fair enough, but they wanted to test the security systems on the house. So they let two small, very well groomed poodles loose in the garden... bye bye poodles. And for good measure they filmed it all by hidden camera.
I don't know how many times they wtched it afterwards, or how many people they showed it to, but it was an insant classic i assure you.
Looking forward to creating more sinister creatures...

- Sonny

Good to hear it was useful, poor poodles. What grade of cyberware were they using? :)

My PC's had a rough time with the Cyberwolf as well. Used the one out of the example and they could barely get past it's DR. One of the characters has get a cyberleg installed now ;)

I'm almost done working out the Bio-replacement section. I think I've figured out most of that section that was giving me problems.

Starting prelim work on game mechanics. Pricing, restrictions, install DC's etc as well as aquatic, bipedial, and flying animals.

Also sketching out ideas for the 'Handler' class along with Equipment, Skills, and Feats. Not sure if the class would be worth it. The thought of a Street Beastmaster spying around the corner through the eyes of his semi-faithful rat sure makes a pretty picture in my head. Wish I knew an artist who worked for free :lol:

As for releasing it formally under OGL... If I knew how I might. I read up a bit on it and it seems I'd need to get Mongoose's permission to claim compatibility with their Cybernet as well as myriad other things I don't understand.

It was all just Gamma grade. But then again there were four of them. Overkill you say? Hmmm maybe but my PC's did all get out alive, albeit some of them just barely, and they actually sedated one of the dogs and got extra credit for it when returning to their employer.

Sounds good that you're expanding the business. As for releasing it? Go ahead! (That was also a plead to Mr. Hahn that he jump in the ring and give a hand... pleeease!?) I'm a sucker for such material.

- Sonny

Shadetree said:
Starting prelim work on game mechanics. Pricing, restrictions, install DC's etc as well as aquatic, bipedial, and flying animals.

Hmmm.. A swarm parakeets with crushing grip or maybe goldfish with gun waldos. I'm intrigued.

Shadetree said:
Also sketching out ideas for the 'Handler' class along with Equipment, Skills, and Feats. Not sure if the class would be worth it. The thought of a Street Beastmaster spying around the corner through the eyes of his semi-faithful rat sure makes a pretty picture in my head. Wish I knew an artist who worked for free :lol:

that would be so cool for NPC's! Talk about having a rat in your midst!

Interesting, my characters would have gotten a bonus from their employers for a live dog as well but they shot it down to -1 hp and then started making plans to deliver the other cargo they were protecting. as i calmy marked wrote on my scratch pad

"what are you doing?"
players answer
"uh huh, okay then what?"
etc...

...the dog died, much cursing was heard :)

Shadetree said:

Make it a 5 level prestige class. Since it is so focused, that would probably fit it better :)

Shadetree said:
Good to hear it was useful, poor poodles. What grade of cyberware were they using? :)

My PC's had a rough time with the Cyberwolf as well. Used the one out of the example and they could barely get past it's DR. One of the characters has get a cyberleg installed now ;)

I'm almost done working out the Bio-replacement section. I think I've figured out most of that section that was giving me problems.

As for releasing it formally under OGL... If I knew how I might. I read up a bit on it and it seems I'd need to get Mongoose's permission to claim compatibility with their Cybernet as well as myriad other things I don't understand.

I'd be happy to explain and help walk you through the OGL. It's not as bad as one might think. Just to say this up front I am not a lawyer, but have been studying the OGL since it was released and have been on the Open Gaming Foundation's OGL mailing lists practically since they were created.

You do need Mongoose's permission to claim compatibility with or to use the Cybernet Logo, but this doesn't prevent you from releasing under the OGL you just need to take out all references to cybernet until you get their permission.

Socket

Thanks for the Info Socket. As soon as I feel it's decent quality I'll try getting Mongoose's permission and then release this OGL.

Recent Updates:

• Rudimentary TOC
    Pricing and Install DC's
    Creating Cybergear(no real information)
    Bio-Replacement section
    Error corrections

I'd really like some feedback on the bio entry.

Oh and i just found out Rat's only have a charisma of two so their goes that idea course the Ferret could be used, or a Toad I guess :)

Do you have anything on the master/slave link? That would make a really cool addition for my next session... whenever that will be. I might be able to use my dogs again. Those that are still alive.

- Sonny

unfortunately, nothing specific. What I'm going for is a handle animals type skill check modified negatively by how much self score the animal has lost mixed in with the rules for familiar progression. As well as new cybersenses gear to link the slaves senses to the master(see through the dog's eyes). These would be modules that are put into a modified skillslot rig(a senseslot?) and would only be available to link up senses that were modified by the slaves cybergear(so see through the dogs cyber-eyes). This are all vague ideas that i'm trying to coalesce into the "Handler" class. I hope some of those ideas spark something off for your campaign. I'll devote some time to this today and get back to you.

Back