Would you buy the Magnamund Map?

• Definitely

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Possibly - depends on the price

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - the main rulebook's map will be enough

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is purely an idea but its an idea I'd like to explore for a bit. How many people would like to buy the Lone Wolf Magnamund Map, full-sized and in colour, separately from the main rulebook?

This is just a concept, not a plan. The main rulebook will still contain the map as planned. This separate map is just for those who would want another copy of the map!

Cheers,

Ian

If the additional (poster?) map was to be bundled with say the screen I'd probably buy it, but if there is one in the book anyway I'd be unlikely to purchase a additional one alone.

I'd rather be able to buy several more detailed maps of smaller areas rather than one big map of the whole world, like Decipher's LotR maps.

But I would probably be tempted, depending on the price.

I refuse to vote on this. While I don't think the rulebook map will be enough, I don't want to buy a map separately. I would like a map that is part of a product already. Much like the Forgotten Realms map.

I think it'd be great to have a large map bundled in with a GM's screen. I'd stick this on the wall when we ran the game.

Arabin

I agree with those who suggested to add more goodies with it. It would be particularly tempting if it would come with a GM Screen. If so, it would definitely be on my purchase list, unless the price is prohibitive.

why just a single map?

what about a bunch of maps?

one world map and
one map for each "important region" and city

just like the maps of the old D&D Gazeetters

is this silly or clever?

I agree with the "map+goodies" proposal.

I would prefer a kind of "Super Screen Pack" with:
- One big map of all Magnamund
- several maps that focused on the main areas (like Sommerlund and Durenor, Vassagonia, The Darklands, etc...) and perhaps also 1-2 city maps (Holmgard for exemple).
- The GM screen with a terrific illustration

Ok, ok, of course, I'm commercially totaly mad... but I dream...

Therefore I'll agree with a "small and cheap" version of the "screen pack":
- Big Magnamund map
- GM screen

Regards,

several maps that focused on the main areas (like Sommerlund and Durenor, Vassagonia, The Darklands, etc...) and perhaps also 1-2 city maps (Holmgard for exemple).

Well I dont hink that maps of the regions are needed. But I think that maps of the cities will be very interesting (on the other hand I am very lazy to make them myself :oops: ) Maps of Holmgard, Varetta, Barraakeesh, Helgedad... :twisted:

Kinai.

Personally, I think that maps of the individual regions should come as a pull-out in source books that cover that particular area. If you bought the GM Screen + World Map, you could still run adventures, but it'd be much cooler to buy the detailed information on a particular region along with a full color pull-out map.

Arabin

I think that the best plan would be to make a bundled product including:

GM Screen

Big map of Magnamund

And several maps of important regions: Darlands, Somurlund, Vassigonia, etc.

And, city maps would be great as well. I've always wanted to know what helgedad looked like, or holmguard....

JON

wayward_sage said:
[...] a bundled product including:

-GM Screen
-Big map of Magnamund
-And several maps of important regions: Darlands, Sommerlund, Vassagonia, etc.
-And, city maps would be great as well. I've always wanted to know what Helgedad looked like, or Holmguard....

This I would buy in a heartbeat...

wayward_sage said:
I've always wanted to know what helgedad looked like, or holmguard....

Would a character in a Call of Cthulhu game want to see what R'lyeh look like ? :wink:

Don't have the exact quotes in mind but in the P.Barnett's Legends of Lone Wolf, the grand master of the Toran guild of the Crystal Star, speaking with Banedon, describes Helgedad as "the most beautiful city in the universe" and speaks of a "very special kind of beauty" IIRC. "Building Helgedad has been the most wonderful work in the history of Magnamund" or something like that. Jerome Bosch or Salvador Dali could have painted it, maybe. :wink:

Back