Looking for a good published adventure for Wildeman

Greetings everyone! :) Kingside_Bishop here...

I have introduced some old high school buddies to Traveller, and we've started playing a regular game via Skype and Roll20. I'm the referee. So far they're liking it, but we've only gone through chargen and some light roleplay. Unfortunately, they didn't take a shining to my Pirates of Drinax pitch, so we're just doing a "normal" Traveller campaign in the Trojan Reach sector, which I love. They've signed on as crew to a bounty hunting q-ship running the Hierate route from Fist to Tyokh, and the first stop is Wildeman.

My problem is this: I don't have the time to write adventures of my own right now. Can anyone suggest a good, published adventure that could be adapted to Wildeman? Some themes I'd be interested in exploring are ghost ships, pirate scouts (i.e. in the starport), conflicts between belters... or anything that one might run into in a system composed mostly of asteroids.

Thanks for any assistance. :)

Kingside_Bishop

Well, Beltstrike is all about them asteroids. However, it's more of a mini campaign in its own right than an adventure. You could run it as the ongoing stuff happening in Wildeman, with a new chapter every time they visit the system.

So far, your encounters in our PoD campaign have been great! Sounds like they're all new to Traveller so you want a teaching scenario with a touch of combat and skill challenges. They're bounty hunters so adventures will feature The Hunt, very simple. They have a Q-ship; trouble often come to them as they act as bait.

If you can't find a suitable scenario, have them as bait because of frequent attacks on nearby belters and are attacked by a band of jumpcussers. This allows practice at space combat. Allow the pirates to flee and let the Q-ship crew calculate the target's ship's range and possible exit direction (a jump occurs by distorting the jump bubble to go in a certain direction) and determine a most probable target system (Wilderman). The main adventure occurs on Wilderman as the group search for the ship and crew, any damage the players caused in the space combat was enough to ground the ship for repairs. Make inquiries to find the 'cussers and end with a battle hopefully with prisoners to put on ice for a bounty including forfeiture of the ship.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I've picked up a copy of Beltstrike and will probably adapt something from it for use in the upcoming game, sprinkling its campaign in as tolcreator suggests. But I will definitely be doing something along these lines you outline, Reynard, for a subsequent system.

Back