Lone Wolf RPG - Who's Drooling?

How big is the puddle of drool around your feet?

• The Pacific ocean is small compared to the drool!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A sizable Lake was formed!

• My house was flooded, I'm still mopping.

• Looks like I spilled my drink size.

• Couple of Drops, nothing noticeable.

• Drool, I'm not drooling.

• What is Lone Wolf anyway?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey all,

Magnamund is an awesome setting and one that I have dreamed about for many, many gaming years...and now it is finally here!

*cheers the folks at Mongoose*

A note about the Shianti though, I wouldn't have expected them to be in the Core rulebook as a playable character type as I am certain they make the point of mentioning an ancient pact (with the goddess Ishir) in which they agreed the Shianti would not meddle with the affairs of men (in Greystar the Wizard) and that is why they send Greystar, a human child washed up upon the Isle of Lorn, rather than one of their own to deal with the Moonstone, because in essence that does not break the pact with the Goddess. It seems that at the time the game campaign is set, the Shianti have withdrawn from Magnamund completely for over two thousand years... Though I would love to see a campaign guide detailing the different eras of Magnamund also, especially after the rebuilding of the Kai Lords by Lone Wolf.

Arandur

Yes that is true. However, player chars are supposed to be unique. There is nothing to say that the shianti would not be sending other humans time after time. Also, just like lone wolf, lone survivor of the kai purge, established a new Kai citadel with new kai's, theres nothing to say Grey Star could not have done anything of the sort. (opened up a magik school or something, and the apprentices would all be agents of the shianti).

Anyway, the class itself would be very easy to generate; it would follow the same outline as the Kai Lord class, except it would have 7 levels of the SHianti lesser magiks, 3 levels of increases in the Staff of Power, and then 7 levels of greater magiks, and 3 more levels of staff power increases in between.

Since the core book is already at the printers, perhaps the dev's can add it to the Magik of Magamund companion or something.

Well then folks for all of those people who are wanting to run a Shianti-trained wizard like Greystar, check out the new preview for the Magicians of Dessi. It is exactly the powers that Greystar had, including his Wizard's Staff and Willpower.

It is damn good... I am mightily impressed...

Arandur

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi said:
Is it a pure fantsy setting? Tell me something about the setting. I don't like tech/sci fi settings. Will I like this?

Well, this is my first post, so I'll just jump right in.

I'm really looking forward to this book. I remember reading the Lone Wolf books a number of years ago (right... Like I'm going to hint at how old I might be :) ). The Lone Wolf books were a series of choose your own adventure novels that centered around a wizard's apprentice. Now, I'm going on memory (and I don't know if I even have any of the books around any more), but IIRC, his order got destroyed and he went on revenge kick. Of course, as the series went on, the character developed a great deal more and it became a different kind of quest.

But it was a very cool series. I even remember thinking when I first got into RPGs that it would be awesome if someone did a Lone Wolf RPG. Now they are. And now I can die happy. :D

Just for those Lone Wolf fans who can't get hold of the gamebooks anymore as they are out of print (except in Spain where they are getting reprinted) visit Project Aon, where the first two series of Lone Wolf novels are on the internet as well as the Grey Star series.

Enjoy them for the very first time or relieve those heady days of the gamebook and play them again.

http://www.projectaon.org

Also Exemplar, Lone Wolf was a Kai Lord, not a Wizard's apprentice, I think you may have been thinking of Grey Star. Same World different character and series (who was just as much fun to play as LW).

Arandur

Arandur said:
Just for those Lone Wolf fans who can't get hold of the gamebooks anymore as they are out of print (except in Spain where they are getting reprinted) visit Project Aon, where the first two series of Lone Wolf novels are on the internet as well as the Grey Star series.

Enjoy them for the very first time or relieve those heady days of the gamebook and play them again.

http://www.projectaon.org

Also Exemplar, Lone Wolf was a Kai Lord, not a Wizard's apprentice, I think you may have been thinking of Grey Star. Same World different character and series (who was just as much fun to play as LW).

Arandur

You're probably right. It's been a lot of years. I did find your link in another message, but thanks for posting it again. I'm definitely going to be downloading some copy tonight. Mmm... Broadband... :)

Back