Lone Wolf Book 29

So will Mongoose be releasing it before 12-28? As I understand it Bk 28 is going to be extended to 350 paragraphs, Red Fox version was 300, surely this is not good to print out of sequence if so: What about any equipment or other important plot/future plot themes on the missing 50 sections? Not to mention any new fans of Lone Who haven't got any of the old books - they will suddenly get book 29 and have the events of the previous books ruined. It's like going to the cinema to watch a film and having to start in the middle, see the end and then watch the begining ater that. I can't wait for book 29 but I can wait for Mongoose to print 1-28 first. Thanks.

Yes I know it takes place years later but I still think there could be things you would miss out on until reading Mongoose's 28 (not to mention any other alterations), plus I assume 29-32 Sesketara/Oriah and other characters with unfinished business will be returning and perhaps Grey Star which new fans would have missed out on the full effect if not owning Red Fox, etc. versions of 21-28. I suppose it is up to the individual but if Mongoose sends 29 early I will not read it until I get 12-28, which also means I would have to avoid this and other LW sites to avoid Spoilers. :(

Book 29 is set to be released in March 2010, well earlier than book 28. If you want to wait until book 28 is published before reading book 29 (which will contain a major SsF that will catch up with all the events that took place since the end of book 28, including events that took place in that last story), you'll have to be very patient! :D

I think it's better for the books to come out chronologically. I suggested this to Joe when I met him at Salute Con in April 2008. If you read through the series start to finish it will be an even better role playing epic.
I'm definitely waiting til i read the new books!

Yes I agree. It isn't very fair to new fans especially; they won't have the older books (21-28 ) and the +1CS/+2EP per book, earned equipment, ranks, bonus disciplines and the "if you have previously visited" options. We've waited this long what's the rush? Plus of course any bugs should be ironed out by this time, including mistakes from the original books (e.g. Deliverence +20EP once every 20 days should read if your EP is 8 or less not CS).

PA will probably have released much of the NO soon. So older readers will be refreshed and ready for the new book, and new readers who wouldn't usually buy the series might have read the NO books available, and leap to buy the new book, then decide that owning books is good and get the older ones.

I don't see why removing the choice of reading the new book now or later is a good thing. Surely choice is good!

it's been so long since i loked at books 21-28 ... and, in a moment perhaps of weakness i sold all my copies (mostly to fund the mega-deal i might add) ... still would be nice to get 29-32 just to see how the saga ends ;-)

on a slightly different note, and my apologies if this has been asked before, does anyone know if there are plans to re-release the greystar gamebooks?

ttfn

beowuuf said:
I don't see why removing the choice of reading the new book now or later is a good thing. Surely choice is good!

Made me chuckle, choice/gamebooks very good. Actually I agree with you - print the books and then leave it to the reader when they read it, just hope there aren't any erratas but then that could happen either way. I think I'm weakening, I think I'll read it when it comes out!

I wish I meant the pun at the time! :D

Actually, all the erratas should hopefully be dealt with by the earlier readers, if any exist, ready for the main readers later once 28 is printed!

Back