Limited Edition

A

Anonymous

Great job on the book guys. Luv it. Now I can't wait for the supplements, especially Magic Of Magamund, and any grandmaster progression (epic) supplement.

I was wondering, is there any chance you guys would do a limited edition copy of the rulebook? I don't mind the black and white, but I really would like it if the book was printed on glossy paper. Lasts longer, looks better.

Limited Edition?
I have not seen the book yet (yet again, I have to try to find a copy tomorrow; I almost feel as if the USA is trying to break my will when it comes to finding anything LW/GS related) but what all (beside full color illustrations) might they do to improve it? New cover art? If so, might I place a suggestion for a cover that reflects the Book of the Magnakai? I mean, it is the LONE WOLF RPG after all, and a limited edition printing with this unique cover would be a good first step to encourage purchase...
What about an enhanced character sheet or two? One promoting 3.5 edition use, and the other a more space-friendly LW original? Though the original sheet previewed was very easy on the eyes and easy to read, IMO there seemed to be some wasted space. Plus, individual lines for writing in equipment/special items might be nice for those of us who have, shall we say, less than perfect hand writing...

But, new covers and new character sheets alone might not warrant some to make the purchase (even as cool as a Book of Magnakai cover might be!) So, other ideas? What about excerpts from Mr. Dever himself, perhaps an intro section? Stat Conversions ideas for Gamebook to RPG ( a away to gauge CS and Endurance in the Gamebooks to how many Hit Dice the creature might have, and so forth...)

Like I said, I don't own the book yet, but I imagine if Mr. Dever had an intro section, I might have heard of it by now. So how about someone with the book giving a few ideas?

Good suggestions. I agree especially on an intro by dever. I was kind of surprised there were no blurbs from him, since a lw rpg was something he had really wanted to get published.

Perhaps they could put in an extra core class(vakeros maybe, and replace the magician of dessi with the shanti trained sorc which is probably going to be in MoM), some more monsters, some more equipment (especially tech items for dwarven gunners to play with).

Oh and yes, since Agrash is not going to be in the darklands book, they could add in a full page drawing, along with stat listings for the baddest darklord around.

In any case, I have never bought any limited edition ever(not even buying the conan reprint, even though I could get a $20 disc); but in this case I would be willing to make an exception. The standard book I would use for regular playing, whilst the limited edition for just drooling over.

Darklord Vashna said:
I'm all for a limited edition, with a Kai green leatherette cover of course! :D

Oh, come on D.V.....
I thought my idea of a "Book of the Magnakai" cover was cool :p

(waiting to hear a second opinion....)

Or, I could have been mistaken....

Okay, "green leatherette" it is. I mean, if we're gonna harass someone for something, we might as well all be in agreeance, else we look like slavering fanboys that will throw down their hard earned money for anything with the name "Lone Wolf" or "Magnamund" within the product....

Wait.... :roll:

adgramaine said:
... else we look like slavering fanboys that will throw down their hard earned money for anything with the name "Lone Wolf" or "Magnamund" within the product....

Er, guys, I hate to break this to you.... :lol:

Greg Smith said:
adgramaine said:
... else we look like slavering fanboys that will throw down their hard earned money for anything with the name "Lone Wolf" or "Magnamund" within the product....

Er, guys, I hate to break this to you.... :lol:
didn't you notice the "wait.... :roll:" as I pondered the irony/obviousness of my statement? Of course I am a slavering fanboy!!! I wouldn't have it any other way!
Didn't you know it is one of the 12 Steps to Immortality???

adgramaine said:
Of course I am a slavering fanboy!!! I wouldn't have it any other way!
Didn't you know it is one of the 12 Steps to Immortality???
Oh? And I guess you're not cleared to tell us mere mortals what are the 11 other Steps to Immortality ?
:p :lol: :twisted:

Hey, redlaco...
I never claimed to be an immortal. Truth be known, I only know one other step of the 12...

Step Two: Find a gamer chick that you can get along with ASAP. If you cannot find one, convert one.

2 out of 12 for me, but if I find any more, be sure you'll be the first to know :)

adgramaine said:
Step Two: Find a gamer chick that you can get along with ASAP. If you cannot find one, convert one.
Then it is confirmed; I'll remain a mortal forever... err, I mean for the rest of my life! :cry:

Step Three- Have a couple of kids with said gamer chick so that a whole new generation of obsessive RPG nerds is created!

(I still have no idea what step four is though.) :D

You got me beat there D.V....
we'll see how things go this Wenesday when my fiance plays a Magician of Dessi in my LW campaign....

:lol:
nah, we're waiting until we're able to get married of course. That'd be just silly if I were really gauging her RP'ing talent as a basis of our relationship....

:roll:

adgramaine said:
we'll see how things go this Wenesday when my fiance plays a Magician of Dessi in my LW campaign....
A GG (Gaming Girlfriend), the Holy Grail of the geek !
You lucky bast.. err, fellow I mean.

Congrats and cheers from a lonely and heartbroken gamer soul.
OK, you can leave the heartbroken part. 8)

Darklord Vashna said:
That you might even consider a woman who SUCKS AT ROLEPLAYING suitable as a future mother of your children shocks me deeply. :wink:

I feel compelled to tell you that my fiance also happens to be Assistant Storyteller for my 1yr old Live Action Werewolf game, and the players wouldn't have it any other way!
Everyone knows she can RP, but this will, alas, be her first foray into the world of Magnamund, as she has never followed my advice and read any of the books.....

Back