Lightning Reflexes

BigSteveUK

Mongoose
Another question?

Lightning Reflexes Feat
I was under the impression it only added +2 to reflex saving throws.

Yet in the Character Creation Summary it hints that it actually adds to you DV " see below:

Browsing the list of feats in Judge Dredd, we choose
Toughness (to give a bonus 3 hit points, always useful for
beginning characters), Lightning Reflexes (giving an all
important bonus to his Defence Value later on)
and Weapon
Focus (lawgiver).]

Has this feat been tweaked, I think it would be good if it has, as it raises the DV a bit, making your judge that little bit tougher.

But this would make the Dodge Feat redundant.

BigSteveUK said:
Has this feat been tweaked, I think it would be good if it has, as it raises the DV a bit, making your judge that little bit tougher.

But this would make the Dodge Feat redundant.

See p72 of the core book:

'Defence Value = 10 +total Reflex save bonus + size modifier.'

'A character's total Reflex save bonus includes the base amount determined by his class, as well as all bonuses provided by Dexterity modifiers and feats such as Lightning Reflexes'.

And:

'Any bonuses granted to Armour Class within The Players Handbook apply equally to a character's Defence Value, such as the Dodge feat, for example.'

So, the Dodge feat adds a +1 bonus to a character's DV.

For example, a 3rd level judge (base Ref save +3), with Dex 13 (+1 bonus) with both Lightning Reflexes and Dodge feats would have a total Defence Value of 18 (10 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 1).

Yep cheers for that.

So it differs from the original handbooks in that 3E just uses the Dex mod and Judge Dredd uses the actual Reflex Save.

Comes under the category of RTFM!!!

I'm glad Grimalkin managed to answer your question. Just so you know, the character sheet is actually incorrect and lists beside the Defense Value (10+Dex+Misc) which is not correct. It is the reflex save bonus, so make sure your players mark the difference on their character sheets.

Also, there are a couple of errors on the judges weapons that you should note. Daystick does not have a 100ft range for example. The great people on this forum have recommended to me, and so I pass the knowledge on to you, the you when in doubt, you should go by what the corebook says. The judges weapons can be found on page 52 of the corebook.

Hope that helps, and good luck with your gaming. Be sure to let us know how you get on.

Arabin

Back