Level for Shadizar adventure?

I just finished taking my folks through this. They are 9th level. Some of it was on the easy side....the ending could have potentiallly been very difficult, but for a massive damage success.

My players are all 9th level...

9th level you say! hmmmm. And here I was, after having only a very rudimentary look at it planning on running my 5 player group through it at 6th level...(though they aren't much like 6th level characters I've seen in other games with 2 on 20ST, 2 on 19 St and the weakling on only 15 ST has 21 dex!

Mind you, it's customizable. All but the final encounter really allows you to add or subtract where necessary. After my PC's got through with Shadizar, there needs to be a whole influx of bad guys now...as most of them are dead.

The final encounter, however, is tough. Read it through and think about how you might want to handle it.

If it wasn't much of a challenge for the players, then perhaps it was to much of a challenge for the DM/GM to modify it to be more challenging for the players.

Personnally, I really don't have the time to 'modify' to the level of my players. This makes mylife much more hectic. I already work 50+ hours, spend time with my family and have 2 hours of commute time per day. Taking time to 'modify' things is not easy.

With that said, the style of modification required was 'add bad guys'. In all cases, my PC's were able to find new and different ways to be spectacularly successful. They are very good at combat, and even using multiple opponent rules, they find ways to persevere. In this case, I don't think it was the mod or myself as a 'problem', but I give credit to them as players doing well.

I based my group on the level of the final conflict, which would have been deadly had it not been for a lucky massive damage check.

As the player with the "lucky massive damage check" in that session, I have to agree that we were very lucky. We roled well and the GM not so well. What our GM also did not tell you was that if not for immediate medical attention over half of our characters would have been dead. I enjoyed the poetic justice of having my character successfully sneak from behind and slay my enemy in a temple of the God of Thiefs.

If it wasn't much of a challenge for the players, then perhaps it was to much of a challenge for the DM/GM to modify it to be more challenging for the players.

I think its pretty judgemental to rip on the GM when you were not there and have absolutely no idea what went on in our sessions.

Was it easy in parts? Yes. What adventure is not. Was it challenging? Yes! When all was said and done, 2 of the six PC's were in negative Hp's, 1 was unconcious on the floor, 1 made a massive damage roll to kill his opponent and only saved by getting the exact number needed or would have suffered massive damage in return. He then was facing off against another in his party when the climax happened. 1 was hurting really bad and the NPC in the group was killed outright. That in my book is pretty darn hard without "modifying".

Back