Let's play a bit with speculations

MGBM

Mongoose
With the year rapidly coming to an end, my curiosity about the published books for next year grows and grows.

So, people, let's speculate a lot and come up with probable, or improbable, sourcebooks (not only regional ones) that may come next year.

Me, I believe that Turan & Hyrkannia and the Northern regions (Cimmeria, Nordheimer, Hyperborea) are going to see the light of day.

msprange, feel free to come here and give us some hints about what is in store for the Conan line. :wink:

I feel that the Mongoose's Conan line is winding down. I can see the end on the horizon. Shem has been pushed to January(?), and beyond that I'm not getting my hopes up.

I am not getting that sense at all. I don't see the end on the horizon yet (I suspect Shem was pushed back because of my rewrites, not because a lack of interest).

I would like to see a Hyrkania/Turan book, myself (it is mostly written, anyway), but so far Mongoose hasn't asked me to do one. I have my hopes up, though.

VincentDarlage said:
I would like to see a Hyrkania/Turan book, myself (it is mostly written, anyway), but so far Mongoose hasn't asked me to do one.

I guess it means there's nothing big planned for Conan then. Maybe an adventure or a smaller sourcebook, but if the main Conan author is not working on a new book, then there's the horizon.

toothill man said:
tease but hopefully not just the mini game would like lots of rpg stuff as well 8)

Yeap agreed, I hope there's lots of stuff in store for the RPG!

msprange said:
2007 is going to be a very good year for Conan RPG fans - and that is all I am saying for now!

Ok, hope this means lots and lots of sourcebooks from Vincent! :D

If you don't mind asking, will you be doing an announcement of the plans for future releases for the RPG at the end of this year or beggining of next, like you did last year?

MGBM said:
If you don't mind asking, will you be doing an announcement of the plans for future releases for the RPG at the end of this year or beggining of next, like you did last year?

It does seem to have become something of a tradition. . .

Padre said:
I guess it means there's nothing big planned for Conan then. Maybe an adventure or a smaller sourcebook, but if the main Conan author is not working on a new book, then there's the horizon.

Just because I am not working (officially) on Turan/Hyrkania does not mean I am not working on a new book...

I can't really talk much about what I am working on - but I felt like offering a book I would like to write in the future. No horizon yet.

Will the new Conan minis be pre-painted like the upcoming Starship Troopers ones? I'm not a very good miniature painter and I'd love to have something similar to the WotC D&D minis.

Horizon???
Are you kidding me?
There's soooooo much stuff that can be done with this liscense I can see it going on for years to come yet.

As for interest, I have no doubt that every year more and more people will discover the game. Slowly perhaps, but that's where people like you and I come in. To pimp this game for all it's worth :D

And with the mini game coming down the pipes, it may create interest for the line in a fanbase that might not otherwise have looked at it, just like Warmachine created interest in the Iron Kingdoms setting from Privateer Press. Not an exact analogy, I know. But it's still a valid point I think.

Truth be told, I think 2007 may be a benchmark year for the RPG and the property in general. You've got the mini game, the MMORPG, the possibility of an animated flick... There's bound to be an increase in interest in the RPG from all that.

Back