Let's just call it "Traveller", shall we?

AKAramis said:
about 1999 was the first I saw of it.
Yep, I just went with the first time I knew for sure something was being done.

AKAramis said:
To be brutally honest: Marc has a vision, and he's trying to put it to disk; he's stated that he doesn't care that people didn't like T4 mechanics, and is reusing many of them.

That's when T5 lost me.
I will listen to what people are saying and if it is just a rehash of T4 on disk then I will take a pass. Mongoose Traveller is filling my Traveller needs just fine right now.

Daniel

-Daniel- said:
AKAramis said:
about 1999 was the first I saw of it.
Yep, I just went with the first time I knew for sure something was being done.

AKAramis said:
To be brutally honest: Marc has a vision, and he's trying to put it to disk; he's stated that he doesn't care that people didn't like T4 mechanics, and is reusing many of them.

That's when T5 lost me.
I will listen to what people are saying and if it is just a rehash of T4 on disk then I will take a pass. Mongoose Traveller is filling my Traveller needs just fine right now.

Daniel

It's not "Just a rehash"... it's T4.2++, with a CT-ish/MGT-ish Adventure Class Starships section, and tons of random-roll tables add-ons.

Someone with time on their hands and a skill at programming can have a field day making a rather intricate universe detailer.

Character generation and tasks are T4 with trivial revisions.
Race "creation" is a random roll system, some dozen pages last I read.

I am exactly that, my IQ is around 60 or so.

I have read most of the posts on this subject and I am very puzzled about one thing.

Why is there a big argument about what version we are referring to when we are posting on the MONGOOSE Traveller forums? Isn't it rather obvious that we are referring to Mongoose Traveller unless otherwise noted? Anything I post in these forums will simply be referred to as Traveller. I am not saying anything about whether or not Mongoose has been given the right to be referred to as just Traveller. Evidently they bought that right, or else we are all a bunch of dirty stinky Belters.

And if we are introducing our own pet names, I refer to Mongoose's version as "Traveller, Mongoose Style". Which has many amazing connotations and can be easily misunderstood (in a kinky way) if you mention the title in certain eclectic female company (mainly female gamers). It will usually result in a giggle from said female company.

And giggles from female gamers are always good and jiggly.

My wife did neither read nor approve of any of the previous statements. TM 2008

Darkspawn said:

I'm presuming a typo here... IQ60 is in the drooler-squad....

Darkspawn said:
Why is there a big argument about what version we are referring to when we are posting on the MONGOOSE Traveller forums? Isn't it rather obvious that we are referring to Mongoose Traveller unless otherwise noted?

Because there is little out for MGT, a lot out for other stuff, and almost all that other stuff is still commercially available from the publisher in electronic format. (As I said during playtest, that is NOT a good thing for Mongoose's stated goal of unifying the fan-base... not gonna happen while the other ones can be legally obtained.)

Darkspawn said:

I have read most of the posts on this subject and I am very puzzled about one thing.

Why is there a big argument about what version we are referring to when we are posting on the MONGOOSE Traveller forums? Isn't it rather obvious that we are referring to Mongoose Traveller unless otherwise noted? Anything I post in these forums will simply be referred to as Traveller. I am not saying anything about whether or not Mongoose has been given the right to be referred to as just Traveller. Evidently they bought that right, or else we are all a bunch of dirty stinky Belters.

And if we are introducing our own pet names, I refer to Mongoose's version as "Traveller, Mongoose Style". Which has many amazing connotations and can be easily misunderstood (in a kinky way) if you mention the title in certain eclectic female company (mainly female gamers). It will usually result in a giggle from said female company.

And giggles from female gamers are always good and jiggly.

My wife did neither read nor approve of any of the previous statements. TM 2008

I want to go with you to Alderaan and learn the ways of the force, Darkspawn!

EDIT: Oh, and thanks to the OP I will now cease the M before the T thing. Which makes sense....the new Traveller is the first one that I have not only purchased, but played since Megatraveller circa 1992 or so.

Back