Legend Unveiled

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
We have just posted the new cover to the core Legend rulebook - you can see it at;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=2096

Legend. Just like RQII but with with less runes and more boobies!

Not a great cover in all honesty. I like the price though and I'm certainly getting the vikings reprint when it comes out.

Smiorgan

A nice enough cover but nothing particularly inspiring to my tastes. Has quite an anime feel to it. However, you're going to get flak from the prominent stereo breast display.

msprange said:
We have just posted the new cover to the core Legend rulebook - you can see it at;

Well it looks like the art will be much better than MRQ! Excellent. I was always embarrassed to show the interior art to friends.

Looking forward to this rolling out. I have to admit, I really think the cover is quite terrible; I even dislike the font and layout of the word Legend. Lol. Oh well. I actually expected an epic painting on the cover or the other extreme, which would be a very plain cover, perhaps black, with a gold lettering LEGEND that looks metallic, with runic (non RQ!) lettering or writing bordering the top and bottom. This cover looks a bit too Anime to me. Just my humble opinion, which doesn't count for much.

On a side note, I hope the gm screen is landscape, not portrait style, so I can see over the darn thing. I love my RQ2 screen, but as a little guy, I have a hard time reaching over to move minis, or to even see the action on the table by my players!

I actually like the logo. Background texture is nice too. But being over 40 the anime style will always leave me cold. It's characterless, and a long way from the grittry feel of the system. But hey, i'm old and this style skews young.

I have to agree with Stainless. However 'inclusive' it may be to have 2 out of 3 FRPG characters female, that's completely trumped by the fantasy females = bras and cleavage on show. Put anime and breasts together and overall not a book cover for a grown-up to leave on view in the house as representative of his/her hobby interests.

But hey, i'm old.

like the Logo. But I dont like the look in his face he looks like a scared loser...sorry!

And the girls looks dead...

Still gonna buy this game with a smile on my lips :)

That is a very disappointing cover. I guess they're still working on the basis that boobies sell books. I quite like the sepia tones so goodness knows where that honking great logo is supposed to fit in. Looks sort of like someone's raided the unused art file.

And I see what khamulecalle means. The three characters look depressed and somewhat bored.

Still and all, you can't judge a book by its cover. I'll still be buying it.

With all these accusations about anime I had to take another look at the cover and I still do not see it. I like a fair bit of anime but this cover has nothing to with its' particular tropes. Maybe a bit cartoony but still closer to Spiderman than Naruto.

Below, A good cover in contrast to the seriously uncool, part Cartonish and part Naive styled above one

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/common_incs/popup.php?id=rqageoftreason.jpg

Only my personal opinion ofcourse!! :oops:

chanss said:
Below, A good cover in contrast to the seriously uncool, part Cartonish and part Naive styled above one

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/common_incs/popup.php?id=rqageoftreason.jpg

Only my personal opinion ofcourse!! :oops:

This.

The AoT cover is very good. A similarly noire-esque cover would fit the Legend game system much better I think. I also agree that the current cover is one I'd feel embarrassed to leave around for non-gamers to see (yep, I'm getting pretty old also).

You know what, I don't mind the cover. Yeah, it's a bit kind of "childish"but Matt and Co are obviously chasing a younger demographic. I would have preferred a more action oriented picture, but overall I reckon it's OK.

Ouch! The extensions / hair gel look of the contemporary self obsessed moody teen. Are Mongoose planning a Twilight setting? Anyway if it reads well and any rule tweaks are good 'uns it could still be worth a punt at a tenner.

Yeah, whoever did the AoT artwork did a really great job. I'd probably impulse-buy it right of the shelf even if I didn't know the system.

Thats it! I've had to sign up to the forum specifically to comment (rant) about this. Now wheres my soap box gone...ah here it is...right then. That cover is absolutely dire (I'm probably not allowed to write exactly what I think of it). I was going to buy the original lankhmar book but the cover was so cringingly bad I couldn't bring myself to do it. Now you're doing it to me again. I was going to buy legend to give my kids a go with RPG's but not now. If this really is the cover then you guys have lost a sale and a punter, even for a tenner. A plain cover would be better than that. Rant over, soap box packed away, I'm off to buy RQ6. :(

The cover should really shout out that here is a fantasy game that can be used for a wide variety of games from Elric, to Conan, to Vikings to Samurai, to....

It looks like a cover for a manga comic.

I have to admit I didn't see the boobies. :oops:

Back