Legend: Thieve's World!

abrilt

Mongoose
I love the Thieve's World setting - I have read all the books (well the original 12) multiple times each and they are fantastic!!!

I was so dissapointed by the botch of a job that Green Ronin did to the setting (then again anything with D20 as mechanics is going to be terrible in any case).

Chaosium, which did the original Rune Quest also did a Thieve's world setting RPG - like Harn any game would fit.

I can't help but think that Thieve's World was almost written with RuneQuest (now Legend) in mind!!!

I am already planning on usine Sanctuary for my Legend games - works better than I had hoped.

Just a thought....

Thieves' World was a series of fantasy books featuring short stories by different authors. All were set in the city of Sanctuary, a den of iniquity. They were gritty fantasy long before Game of Thrones. Their were a dozen books published in the eighties, as well as a number of spin off novels and novels by the authors featuring their own characters. Then the series was restarted in a few years ago with new authors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theives_World

There was a RPG boxed set published by Chaosium which featured stats for many, many RPG games.

More recently Green Ronin did a d20 version.

Green Ronin has or had the license for a D20 3.5 version. They published three supplements and one adventure. Perhaps the license is avaialbe. Would like to see it back again in one form or another.

Back