Legend books that you'd love to see.

I want to see Legend adventure modules, generic fantasy. And I really want to see/know the statblock format for monsters. I don't even know the best statblock format for creating adventures in MRQII. Anyone?

I would like to see something like an “Apple Lane” produced again. :D

Also I would like to see a nice generic town to start fantasy characters in, with a big fold out map, pictures of NPCs, details of where equipment will be bought.... This, tagged along with some ..."treasure map" like adventures. :roll:

Also I would like to see some underwater rules/adventures heck even a campaign …. “Legends of Atlantis” perhaps? :D :D :D :mrgreen:

t

tarkhan bey said:
Surely with the name 'Legend', it's time to look seriously at trying for a license from the Gemmell estate. 'Legends-Drenai Tales' is a sure fire winner. Brit sword n' sorcery at it's most visceral finest(IMO). :)
100% agreed.

Why there's never been a roleplayng game about Gemell's Drenai series is beyond me. It's a perfect fit for Legend as well. Bloody, gritty, realistic. If ever there was a setting that fit Legend, it's the Drenai setting. And yes, the first book Gemmell wrote was also called, 'Legend'. :)

I loved'd Gemmell's book Legend (and the rest of that series).
I preferred the "Waylander" series though, which IMO suits the Legend system just as well.

Personally, My favourite was always JonShannow. The whole post apocalyptic cowboy thing always appealed to me (as a dodgy eighties Goth-Fields of the Nephilim rocked). 8)
Waylander is definitely the strongest of the characters of the Drenai cycle though.
Come on Mongoose, surely a Gemmell license is also a license to print money.
I don't know about Gemmell'spopularity abroad but it would have the same impact on the gaming community here (in UK/Ireland) as the news of your first Conan license.

Just think of all the awesome books you'd have to read for referencing:

Waylander
Waylander II: In the Realm of the Wolf
Hero in the Shadows
The First Chronicles of Druss the Legend
The Legend of Deathwalker
White Wolf
Legend
The King Beyond the Gate
Quest for Lost Heroes
Winter Warriors
The Swords of Night and Day

I might have to do this myself :)

Truly awesome setting and storyline

Oh, and whilst we are at it, Druss would kick Conan's head in

Don't think I've read the job shannow novels, I've read most of Gemmell's books tho.
I'm currently reading Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series, which looks similar to the Jon Shannow series.

Once I'm done with the Dark tower series I'll read the Jon Shannow series. Cool that's me sorted for books to read for a bit :)

danskmacabre said:
Don't think I've read the job shannow novels, I've read most of Gemmell's books tho.
I'm currently reading Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series, which looks similar to the Jon Shannow series.

Once I'm done with the Dark tower series I'll read the Jon Shannow series. Cool that's me sorted for books to read for a bit :)
I've got the first book of the Dark Tower, but for some reason I've never gotten around to reading it. Is the series any good?

Grimolde said:
I've got the first book of the Dark Tower, but for some reason I've never gotten around to reading it. Is the series any good?

They are, but you sort of have to get into the mood of the book. It's VERY abstract and the pace changes from fast to very slow.
I'm enjoying it quite a bit tho and once you get a feel for how the logic of the world works, it's fascinating.

danskmacabre said:
Grimolde said:

They are, but you sort of have to get into the mood of the book. It's VERY abstract and the pace changes from fast to very slow.
I'm enjoying it quite a bit tho and once you get a feel for how the logic of the world works, it's fascinating.
Thanks for that

so... Legend books that you'd love to see?

For me the most enjoyable component of running a game is creation (I’m really not a big fan of being a rules arbitrator).

I would like to see more things that spark creativity...

The big flashy campaigns are nice and all, the settings are also great but…

I want to see more material like the “Ruins of …” books.
…Books that I can use to help me …create.

t

Grimolde said:
Didn't Mongoose have a thread wherein they asked what setting consumers would like to see produced?

They do indeed. But it is more general in nature than this thread. The discussion here is more about the possible directions that the Legend product line might go in.

It's interesting to hear prople talking about David Gemmell's works as a possible inspiration for Legend - I get the feeling that people are leaning towards a grittier feel for Legend than generic high fantasy offers. My own preference is for traditional swords & sorcery with some Lovecraftian elements, but it's very cool that people are looking to different literary models.

troy812 said:
For me the most enjoyable component of running a game is creation (I’m really not a big fan of being a rules arbitrator).

I would like to see more things that spark creativity...

The big flashy campaigns are nice and all, the settings are also great but…

I want to see more material like the “Ruins of …” books.
…Books that I can use to help me …create.

I think that once the core rules are out, the emphasis will turn to the kind of books that you are interested in. MRQ II / Legend isn't really a rules-heavy system, so we are unlikely to see dozens of splatbooks for the system. Instead, I think that the game lends itself to books that show what you can do with the rules provided. This implies adventures and books of the kind that you mention.

Back