Legend and 3PP

dmccoy1693

Cosmic Mongoose
Hey Everyone,

For those of you that do not know me, my name is Dale McCoy and I am a Traveller/Pathfinder compatible publisher. I am considering expanding into Legend as well. So I am asking you, are you interested in Legend material published by an additional publisher? If you are, what are you looking for? Cults/Guilds? Spells? Alternate settings? General universe towns and villages you can plunk down into your home game? Adventures? Monsters? Something else?

Please share with us your thoughts.

Thanks,

I've bought several of your d66 products through DTRPG and I like them, so the answer from me is YES :D

The detailed answer is pretty much all of what you mentioned.

Of particular use I think would be generic towns and locations, factions, spells and possibly items/npcs.

Personally I use my own setting most of the time, however I'm always willing to steal ideas from whatever I purchase, regardless of the system. You can take the order listed as order of interest in my case.

I would agree, all of it sounds interesting. I am of the type that buys just about anything Legend-related, so I probably will.

However, what I most look after when buying stuff for my games, I mostly look for:

- Adventures
- Towns/Areas that can be added to almost any game
- General idea-books. Say, "Traps of Legend", "Legendary Plotlines", or a big collection of generic and general-purpose, as well as a few more colourful and interesting NPCs.

If you decide to expand onto some of the historical/semi-historical settings, Vikings or Deus Vult primarily, I will go nuts for it.

- Dan

Dan True said:
If you decide to expand onto some of the historical/semi-historical settings, Vikings or Deus Vult primarily, I will go nuts for it.

- Dan
I can't do Deus Vult outright, but I can do Templars or the 10th Crusade or something similar that could be easily set in the same setting. Viking I definitely can do provide additional info for.

*scribbles down notes*

And thank you for the compliment, Malakor.

I'm hungry for everything except adventures, I prefer to build my own. But source material is always welcome!

dmccoy1693 said:
Dan True said:

- Dan
I can't do Deus Vult outright, but I can do Templars or the 10th Crusade or something similar that could be easily set in the same setting. Viking I definitely can do provide additional info for.

*scribbles down notes*

And thank you for the compliment, Malakor.
If you're dipping your toe in the historical waters, how about a supplement providing cults for historical faiths...Roman Church, Eastern Church, Judaism, Islam, so on and so forth?

Oh and...10th Crusade?? Is this a Deus Vult thing? Only if it isn't (I'm not faminilar with that setting) 10th Crusade might not mean what you think it means...

Poster Boy said:
Oh and...10th Crusade?? Is this a Deus Vult thing? Only if it isn't (I'm not faminilar with that setting) 10th Crusade might not mean what you think it means...

Truthfully, no clue if its DV. I haven't studied the setting enough to know. I just know that there were 9 real life numbered crusades (1-9) and a few named crusades (i.e. children's crusade) but no crusade was called the 10th crusade (excluding the US War on Terrorism). So if I made a supplement on the 10th crusade and set it in a middle ages-ish europe/middle east, no one can say "but that's not historically accurate"

Hello.
I would like:

An NPC book of heroes, villains, etc etc.
Small towns, villages etc with stuff to do in there.
A book of pick up and go adventures.
An enhanced bestiary or monsters.

dmccoy1693 said:
So if I made a supplement on the 10th crusade and set it in a middle ages-ish europe/middle east, no one can say "but that's not historically accurate"
I can tell you've been writing Traveller ... :twisted:

Vile said:
dmccoy1693 said:
So if I made a supplement on the 10th crusade and set it in a middle ages-ish europe/middle east, no one can say "but that's not historically accurate"
I can tell you've been writing Traveller ... :twisted:
*hit the Like button*

dmccoy1693 said:
For those of you that do not know me, my name is Dale McCoy and I am a Traveller/Pathfinder compatible publisher. I am considering expanding into Legend as well. So I am asking you, are you interested in Legend material published by an additional publisher? If you are, what are you looking for? Cults/Guilds? Spells? Alternate settings? General universe towns and villages you can plunk down into your home game? Adventures? Monsters? Something else?

The more the merrier, as far as I am concerned.

I am most interested in historical/fantasy settings, so more of those would be great.

As you write Traveller material, how about a SciFi Legend book?

Cults/Guilds are good, but are better if they are linked to settings rather than standalone. Similarly, spells are always useful but I prefer them to be in context.

Towns and villages that I can plonk into any setting? That would be a challenge. Either they would be too bland and generic to fit into any setting that wasn't bland and generic or they would be too tied to a setting to fit anywhere else. But, if you can do some that work then great.

Adventures are always good, as they can be adapted to different settings.

Back