League Aliens

Eryx

Mongoose
Reading through the League book now, and I'm just curious about those alien races that I can't put a name to an appearence.

Cascor.
Grome.
Hurr.
Hyach.
Llort (These are the armadillo looking guys, right?)

Anyone able to identify which of the aliens these ones are?

Thanx

The Hyach are the race Franklin investigates in the Season 5 episode Secrets of the Soul. Try this site for some pictures.

The Llort could be described as ' the armadillo looking guys' ;)

Not sure about the others though!

well here's a site I found some time back: http://www.frostjedi.com/vex/html/sentient_index.html has what are claimed to be pics of the grome and hurr at least (though I do not know if they were ever confirmed as such). dont think the cascor were ever 'seen' and I seem to remember the AoG fluff for them stating that they were not active participants in the League at any rate.

edit- fixed the link. sorry about sneaking in that extra period[/i]

Eryx said:
Reading through the League book now, and I'm just curious about those alien races that I can't put a name to an appearence.

Cascor.
Grome.
Hurr.
Hyach.
Llort (These are the armadillo looking guys, right?)

Anyone able to identify which of the aliens these ones are?

Thanx

If they're the ones I'm thinking of, Grome are pink, kind of Drazi-looking--you get a good look at one in the episode focusing on Walker Smith and the Mu-Tai (TKO). They appeared elsewhere in series, although only here and there. While they held a seat in the Council at one point in time, that seat was later taken over by another race.

Hyach have "butts" on the back of their heads. They are ruled by the oldest--and therefore the wisest (Gerontocracy) of their respective race. They are slowly becoming less of a factor in the galaxy as they have eliminated a vital portion of their genetic makeup.

The Llort are indeed the Armadillo looking bunch. They are, I believe, notorious for being pack-rats.

Try this site: http://b5ccg.mahasamatman.com/ It has the images from the card game. There are no Grome specifically mentioned, but if you search for the card "What Are You?", I believe you'll get a close-up of one of the Grome. Hyach, Llort and several others, including what the CCG calls Sh'lassen and Ipsha--I don't know if those are actually Ipsha or Sh'lassen or not.

As far as the Cascor and the Hurr go, I'm about as useful as a set of crutches for a Boa Constrictor--Sorry.

Hightower said:
well here's a site I found some time back: http://www.frostjedi.com/vex/html/sentient_index.html. has what are claimed to be pics of the grome and hurr at least (though I do not know if they were ever confirmed as such). dont think the cascor were ever 'seen' and I seem to remember the AoG fluff for them stating that they were not active participants in the League at any rate.

Hightower's link is malformed. The period from the end of the sentence is interfering with the proper functioning of that link. Just go ahead and click on it, then delete the period from the end of the address, and it should work fine.

I didn't see a pic of the Cascor, although one of the participants in Londo's exhibitionistic cardgame is, according to the site, a Hurr.

The Llort are indeed the Armadillo looking bunch. They are, I believe, notorious for being pack-rats.

Actually they are a race of beings that believe that by taking someone else's belongings and replacing it with something of theirs, they honour them with a holy process called The Exchange.

Basically, they are fantastic thieves with no real concept of true ownership. "Its mine because it is currently in my hands, but if I handed it to you...it's yours."

I love the Llort, and would love to see a lesser League expansion book at a later date giving them some limelight.

Bry

The Cascor are a race of, not to put too fine a point on it, adrenaline junkies with a need for action, conbat, and conquest. Fortunately for the rest of the League, they are quite content to keep their in-fighting as ion-fighting and see no need to bother the rest of the galaxy.

As for an appearance, they are almost human in appearance with a tendency to be both a little shorter and a lot thinner (to the point of almost being emaciated looking). Despite this build they are remarkable fighters and far stronger and faster than they appear.

More will be forthcoming, should the green light be given, in League II.

-August

Back