Launching auxiliary craft in hyperspace?

Can you launch auxiliary craft whilst you have a ship in hyperspace? If not, what about the 1 flight you can launch anyways? Does this apply to Drakh?
e.g. Drakh Carrier starts the game in Hyperspace, has 1 Raider out at the start of the game, Turn 1 Scrambles and has 3 Raiders out, Turn 2 Puts out 4th Raider and opens an Advanced Jump point; can it then pile out of the AJP with all 4 Raider out and ready? Is this possible?

You cannot do ANYTHING when in hyperspace, except Initiate Jump Point. So no, you cannot launch fighters. You can start with one pre-launched, however.... but this might not be a good idea, since fighters move at the end of the movement phase, and the jump point disappears when the ship creating it moved through!

I've just looked through the rules and can't find anything at all about not taking any actions in Hyperspace either. In fact it says, on P.18 regarding coming in from Hyperspace, "may not turn, fire any weapons, launch auxiliary craft or use any Special Actions in the same turn, unless they have the Advanced Jump Point Trait"
From the rules, it appears that (for example) a Drakh Carrier could sit in Hyperspace and have a prelaunched Raider on Turn 1, launch 2 Raiders (via Scramble Scramble) on Turn 2 and then open an AJP on Turn 3 before sailing through it and launching the last Raider. At this point 3 of the Raiders could happily do whatever they wanted upon entry.

Its in the PDF for the tourney on the 16th, page 30, if you have that. If not then I'm sure I've seen it in rulesmasters a few times, although I don't have exact references right now.
It's to stop you using ships in hyperspace as initiative sinks.

That would explain it, I'm still playing under the published rules. Not got the tourney PDF, and didn't know about the rulemaster quote.

Changes the way I'll be operating ships with fighters though.

Cheers for the info.

Burger, i've just read it and it really doesn't say anything about taking no actions at all, just that you ignore them for initiative purposes until they open a Jump Point and that any other craft coming through suffer from the same Jump point rules, a moot point as with AJP they don't suffer as much at all..

Nightmares about Minbari said:
Hey Burger, willing to acept I may be wrong, but where does it say that you can't do anything in hyperspace? I dont recall seeing anything to that effect anywhere.

For that matter I dont think it says anything about things like inititive bonuses from command not working from hyperspace either.

Geekybiker said:
Nightmares about Minbari said:
Hey Burger, willing to acept I may be wrong, but where does it say that you can't do anything in hyperspace? I dont recall seeing anything to that effect anywhere.

For that matter I dont think it says anything about things like inititive bonuses from command not working from hyperspace either.

"... so long as the ship is on the table ..."
That means, not in hyperspace.

As a side bar.

We've been assuming that if a ship with normal jump engines enters through a jump point opened by a ship with advanced jump engines, it still suffers from the effects of entering normal space (no firing etc).

Given that entering realspace requires massive power, it makes sense that you need the power management systems of an advanced engine to be able to act when doing so.

Opinions gents?

Search + 10 seconds yields results to the OP.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17278&highlight=hyperspace

What you CAN do, is have 1 raider pre-launched... turn 1 open a jump point, turn 2 the raider and then carrier come through and then the carrier launches another raider. Since the SA is dropped as the carrier moves through the jump point, he is not performing an SA, so he can launch. He cannot perform any other SA though because he has already performed an SA this turn (initiate jump point).

Ok, following those rulings, if a ship has AJP, it can open the Jump point and hold it open with the AJP for up to 3 turns? As will be clarified in Armageddon. The ship cannot make any move actions unless activated in Hyperspace which is defined as opening a Jump point.
Now, as you have taken a Move action with the ship (as per clarification) you cannot make another special action but using the Carrier trait is not a special action hence you should be able to launch as well.
Following this logic along, you could start with a flight out on guard, open an AJP in Turn 1 (activated with an action) and also launch once more, hold it open Turn 2 (activated again) and launch again, repeat in Turn 3 and move through with entourage.
Of course, this all gets even more confusing with Drakh treating them as auxiliary craft and none of it actually fits the "fluff" of the series and films as there are countless sequences of Jump gates opening and Fighters / Raiders pouring through with the capital ship. In fact, there is absolutely no reason at which would prevent launching of auxiliaries in Hyperspace other than a poor ruling in the game.

Wing Commander said:
Ok, following those rulings, if a ship has AJP, it can open the Jump point and hold it open with the AJP for up to 3 turns? As will be clarified in Armageddon. The ship cannot make any move actions unless activated in Hyperspace which is defined as opening a Jump point.
Now, as you have taken a Move action with the ship (as per clarification) you cannot make another special action but using the Carrier trait is not a special action hence you should be able to launch as well.
Greg Smith said:
Iain McGhee said:
1: Taking actions offtable -
As far as I know, the only thing a ship can do if
waiting in hyperspace is open a jump point or
move through an open one.

That is correct.
I can't see where ther confusion is here. The only thing it can do is open a jump point or move through an open one.

to be honest, I think it's a bit cack, the drakh carrier, and it is a carrier of an advanced race, can only launch one ship a round! personally mate, if you come up against me in the campaign at all, I'm happy to let you launch em as long as you don't use em as initiative sinks while in hyperspace. it's not like it's particularly unbalancing compared to skirmish level sag!

No need to shout Burger, as those clips of yours clearly state, this will all be clarified in Armageddon. Now remind me again.... is Armageddon out yet? Or is this whole thread 90% speculation on what will be in a product that hasn't actually reached us yet? Assuming, once again, that the wording in Armageddon will be clear, concise and easily understood?
Or, could it be that the paragraph in the Tournament PDF is taken straight from Armageddon and is clear as the proverbial mud....

Wasn't shouting, just emphasizing. No need for the rhetorical questions.
The wording in the PDF is as clear as mud, yes.
But this is a clarification of existing rules, thats what the rulesmasters forum is for, it is not a new rule in Armageddon.

Back