Large Scale Models

How much would you be willing to pay for large scale Gangs of Mega-City One models such as Manta Tan

• $40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $60

• $80

• $100

• Total voters

Dredd Times

Administrator
Hi there,
Just a quick poll here to see if people are interested in large scale resin model kits such as a Manta Prowl Tank or H-Wagons for Gangs of Mega-City One and how much they would be willing to pay!

As always comments are most welcome.
Marc

On another note what would people think of an article for Signs and Portents that details making your own vehicles for Gangs of Mega-City One?

Marc

I would love large scale models. I don't have enough cash to be able to afford a $100 set, but if it was cheaper, I would definitely get at least one.

An article in S&P about making your own is a superb idea though. I have recently started modeling with Hirst Arts molds and am addicted, but would love ideas. With the GoMCO release looming an article covering making terrain and vehicles sounds like a perfect idea.

Arabin

I'd be willing to pay $60 (or around £35-40) for a large vehicle kit. I'd rather have a £25 plastic vehicle than a £40 resin one of the same size, though - I'm not willing to pay extra for a large chunky vehicle which in all likelyhood won't get as much use as the minis, but am quite happy if it's made of cheaper materials. Something like a GW Rhino or Land Raider kit would be perfect :)

mthomason said:
I'd be willing to pay $60 (or around £35-40) for a large vehicle kit. I'd rather have a £25 plastic vehicle than a £40 resin one of the same size, though - I'm not willing to pay extra for a large chunky vehicle which in all likelyhood won't get as much use as the minis, but am quite happy if it's made of cheaper materials. Something like a GW Rhino or Land Raider kit would be perfect :)

Hi Matt,
I know what you are saying about prefering plastic kits to resin as it is not only easier to use, lighter and cheaper but you can create stunning conversions with ease. The only real problem with plastic kits over resin is the cost of the moulds. The current Games Workshop Land Raider was an extremely expensive kit to mould and the cost was in the tens of thousands of pounds region, one of the reasons that Games Workshop bought out the company that made the moulds for them. Of course once the mould has been cut its there for life and they dont need to be repaired like rubber vulcanised moulds used for metal or resin.

Resin is quite cheap to produce and easy to cast up, but not as accessable as plastic on the whole. A resin Manta would be far cheaper to produce and sell in the long run than a plastic one (unless Mongoose gain their own plastics company) and the retail cost would be less too.

Marc

I agree with the idea of plastic as I would much prefer a plastic kit for my money than a large (heavy?) resin model - both in terms of the 'feel' of the product and also the potential to convert and have extras on sprues (different weapons, hatches open, closed or with battle damage).

I can understand the ssue over moulding costs, but as a customer my choice would be to pay a bit extra for what I want...

Definately plastic would be better, if only to make it cheap enough to buy kits for use as scenary. At 40-100 bucks a pop thats a lot of poppy to blow on something...

GW Rhino and Land Raider kits were perfect. Cheap, affordable and lovely to make into wrecked scenary

Do we know about how many models are in a Gang?

I mean, if the gang is only about three figures then that idea would be awsome... if its about 10 to 20 minis then the larger scale would be a bad idea... unless your using the livingroom floor as the Game table.

Shalazar
A Do, a deer, a female deer....

I'm thinking your best bet is to release some smaller hover cars, bikes, or big robots (like in the movie) with a $30-$50 price range. And then depending on how sales on those fare release some larger resin figures.

$40 is still a bit much for me for a large figure. I've picked up some really nice fantasy dragons at $20-30 bucks retail that had a lot more detail than some of the $40-75 modern/post modern armor kits.

Provided that the product would be the first in several coming new products I would have no problem dropping my $40 to support the game and see some new items and support. If this would be a shot in the arm of a dying patient just to keep it alive long enough for one more days worth of hospital charges then I wouldn't go higher then $20.

Back