Kettering Karnage - new multiplayer scenario idea

Diesel

Mongoose
Heil.

I'm running a mad multiplayer game at Kettering this week. We've done them before and they're invariably hilarious, but I fancy putting a bit of a spin on it this time.

The basic premise is the same as your usual 'King of the Hill' scenario. Get a table as close to square as I can get it and put a planet in the middle. The biggest ship in orbit at the end of the game wins, with the number of casualties caused as a tiebreaker.

5 point Raid seems to work well.

The difference would come in deployment. The usual one is we roughly try and split the table into deployment zones, but I want to factor in hyperspace.

Two jumpgates are set up in opposite corners for those that need them. Otherwise there are no ships on the table.

Starting in initiative order, the lowest roller puts down a hyperspace marker and their entire fleet comes from there. If they don't have any ships with jump engines then they use one of the corner gates. Then the next lowest roller and so on. Shadows get their usual rule, but everything must appear within 6" of another ship.

Turn 1 the fleets appear, one ship/squadron at a time in the usual fashion.

That sound reasonable? I know the more 'advanced' fleets will get an advantage, but in fairness they would do anyway. It'll add another element to the fun I think, and add an extra dimension to the deal making!

Andy wants me to crush his pitful Space Marines with my unending horde or ravening teath and claws - Tryanids - may hear some weeping.............

so unless plans change (ie there is a football match on) i'll play that.

need to get there early these days to get a table :)

Anybody needs crushing there are a few boxes of Orks happy to oblige.

Once the mighty Narn Regime is done with your EA, at any rate... :p

Diesel said:
Once the mighty Narn Regime is done with your EA, at any rate... :p

choke, cough - bursts out laughing

the Mighty Narn what......................

must hide from your mighty G'Quans !! :wink:

So we had:

Me (shadows)
Ken (crusade EA)
Clanger (crusade EA)
Ben (whose Narn stayed at home and Vorlons came instead)

Clanger's ships came out of a jump point, meaning they didn't get to fire the first turn, so the big bad shows jumped them, and failed to do much damage. Howevere clanger's EA couldn't cope with the young Shadow ship and so fled the table.

Ben's Vorlons decided they wanted to have at the Shadows and so proceeded across the table, leaving their flank exposed to Ken's EA. The EA promptly destroyed two transports and almost destroyed the light cruiser, with adrift crits on two subsequent turns.

Then the shadows arrived and the EA turned their attention to them. The EA and shdows battled it out, both keeping behind the big vorlon. However an adrift crit left the shadow ship vulnerable to the vorlon's gun. The EA even stripped shields and allowed the Vorlon to pin it.

One turn later the game was over. With Ken winning.

Back