Just untill the BF:Ev forums get going...

Hiromoon

Mongoose
Well, let's see...there's currently a few companies out there that make modern/ultramodern figures, and soon Mongoose will join them. Let's take a quick peak at what's being offered by a fellow British company.

The Assault Group
http://www.theassaultgroup.com

These guys offer:
-US Forces (Marines, Delta, Rangers, CIA)
-British Forces (Blackwatch, Fusiliers, SAS, Paras, and Royal Marines)
-Russian Forces (Regular Infantry, MVD)
-SWAT
-Enemy Combatants:
--Afghan Forces (Taliban and Militia)
--African Militia
--Iraqi Forces (Militia, Republican Guard, Fedayeen)
--Domestic Terrorists (Well, criminal organizations, eastern European terrorists, that sort of thing)
-Other things:
--Prisoners
--Hostages
--Weapon packs (LR3, M4+M203, ETC)
--Vehicles (Land Rover, Warrior APC, HMMWV, HMMVW Ambulance)
11016.jpg
11034.jpg

11035.jpg
13472.jpg

Warrior.jpg

The other company that springs to mind is Devil Dog Designs, which has reopened recently:
www.devildogdesign.com
-US Forces (Marines, Airborne, Ranger, Delta)
-British Royal Marines
-Canadian Infantry
-Soviet Shock Troops
-German KSK
-Enemy Combatants
--Iraqi Republican Guard
--Taliban
--Al Queda
--Somolian Milita
-Vehicles (Recon ATV, US Scout Cycle
delta.gif

Now, what did I inted by this post? Well, to pretty much show what there's to offer out there right now, and what the figures will have to live up to. That and to show that there are other sources availble for supplement the figures you have (So you could, of course, have other countries military forces involved. Kristovich, take note that TAG offers russian weapons that can be put on soldiers in American kit if you want to do Finnish soldiers), or even build a unique force of insurgents to throw at your friend's Mongoose army.

Plus, with the hostage pack you can literally do a BF:Ev mission involving MEC and EFTA/USXF forces.

I've got some Northern alliance afghans that i got just to have something to paint while i was waitnig for the BF:Evo-rules and i must say they're very nice minis!

The weapon packs rock aswell, you get 10 basic weapons (assault rifles shotguns etc) or 5 Rpg/HMGs for £3, that's a bargain, at least in my GWpricethinking mind :roll:

I went in and did some more harvesting. If BF:Ev figures are as good if not better, I'm certainly going to get into this game.

TAG
pararunning.jpg
12074.jpg

12073.jpg

11429.jpg
11428.jpg

11423.jpg
11316.jpg

11040.jpg
11031.jpg

Nice pictures, really nice, really, really nice. Do they come in multi-piece or is it just one piece per model? Are they pre-painted or do you have to do that yourself?

And Hiro, Finnish won't do :wink:

Bruce Dickinson said:
We love Sweden, and it's quiet obvious you love Iron Maiden as well!

My point is, it's gotta be swedish or nothing at all :wink:

Sorry....I was thinking of something else when I connected you to Finland....

And I think you have to snip and alter the models.

Looking good ^^

Btw will the heavies be forced to use the unvieldy big base, or can they be glued on small bases?

Hiromoon said:
Sorry....I was thinking of something else when I connected you to Finland....

And I think you have to snip and alter the models.

I don't know what snip means but it's probably good :wink:

Anyhow, the Warrior transport would do a good Strv/90 with just a different paint scheme and maybe loose those metal armours skirts.

The Strv-90 Mannschaftstransportpanzer?

I found a picture of the CV-90...
cv90_8.jpg

You know, it helps if you get your country to actually put pictures of their military vehicles online, Kristovich.

Hiromoon said:
The Strv-90 Mannschaftstransportpanzer?

That's German Hiro, not Swedish. The Strv/90 is named Stridsfordon 90, or in English, Combat Vehicle 90, CV/90.

Hiromoon said:
I found a picture of the CV-90...
cv90_8.jpg

C'mon now. That CV/90 is Swedish, see the yellow numbers on the front? That's the indication it's a registrated swedish military vehicle. I know, I've seen 'em and been inside of 'em for real.

Hiromoon said:
You know, it helps if you get your country to actually put pictures of their military vehicles online, Kristovich.

And just what do you mean by that? You got a perfectly good picture of the Strv/90 there.

Hiromoon said:
It took me fifteen minutes to find it too, you ungrateful Swede! *shakes his fist*
*Walks be seeing fists being shaked and joins in for the heck of it*

:lol: Oh and what was it like inside of tanks? I wanna visit a "somewhere" nearby army museum and go in a tank :)

Oh and after scanning the site, I'll wait for the BFE stuff, but I'll be buying some of the assualtgroup stuff, maybe a squad of british, but definatly some blisters of assualt rifles and such, oh and maybe a *tiny* bit of iraqies(One of them looks to damn much like binladin though :shock: )

See yah!

Back