Just bought three boxes of Reliant Gun Platforms - now what?

Get more Reliant Gun Platforms?

• No, three are enough. What are you - on dope?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, get one more box! The NRA says it's perfectly legal!

• Yes, two boxes are twice as good as one box!

• Total voters
Don't man them, leave them in open terrain in your set up area and ignore them. Only approach them when the bugs have swamped your side of the board anyway. Ready and jump a unit onto them, then fire as the free fire action.
Advantages being, if he goes for them earlier, he's wasting attacks on pointless unmanned weapons, if he places tunnel assets under them, brilliant, he's wasted them and lost mobility. You can also place them to sucker him in.
The other thing I'd advise is pathfinders with neodogs, they can find camo tunnel entrances, you can really slow an advancing bug force with that, blow his exits by turn two.
So, really, buy them, but don't count on them, but you can be sure he'll waste attacks on them (they are a surefire plasma attractor, you might lose reliants, but think of the points that are therefore safe).

:shock:

:lol:

JOSE i have to confess that this is one cuning use of these weapons that i never thought of!

wot about the smaller man portable models, are they worth buying and deploying alongside the powersuit MI?

neodog and handler are looking like very useful anti BUG assets; hopefully the PATHFINDER BOOK discusses MUTT and JEFF as well as the other PATHFINDER troops.

i have to say, this place is getting me interested in dragging out the SST toys and having a romp on the tabletop asap!

DAWGIE

the mini ones are very good, being able to set up a laser in enemy territoy is good. Don't underestimate the spitball either, it looks poor on paper, but with two crew you get a weapon that can fire 2D10 in reaction, and it's dirt cheap. Worth a go. The lasers are very good value as you aren't paying extra for the platform.

thank y'all, JOSE!

looks like i will be getting at least a box of the smaller tripod mounter guns!

DAWGIE

Back