Judge Dredd Miniatures Rulebook - Talent Preview

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Planet Mongoose has the latest preview of the forthcoming rulebook for the Judge Dredd miniatures game. This time round, we take a look at Talents (and a little new surprise for Renegade Robot players!).

Spread1.jpg

You can see the full preview on Planet Mongoose at;

http://blog.mongoosepublishing.co.uk/?p=551

May one ask if this is also the final, definitive version of the rulebook for this game?

Whilst I firmly applaud Mongooses commitment to making this game very cool, fair and fun I believe this may be the third final version we've seen and as several of us bought a hard copy of the previous one my loyal little band of players and I are losing faith as two of them are running a friendly pool on how long before there as many editions as of another popular futuristic miniatures game...

Please understand this isn't a dig, I just want to know! There will always be erratas, I get that but a certain degree of surety would be nice!

Two more quick questions -

Will there be a downloadable PDF version of the new rules? I've ordered the hard copy, but my pal is more miserly.

Also - will there later be rules for 'on road' chases and battles? I think these have been alluded to once or twice. And were mentioned in the recent 'Meeples' podcast review. It's not a big deal, but I think a 'rolling road' type battle option could be fun. Years ago GW did a Mad Max type 'rolling road' game that was pretty good and actually began life (I think) as something originally intended for their Dedd RPG.

Muttley said:

Will there be a downloadable PDF version of the new rules? I've ordered the hard copy, but my pal is more miserly.

Also - will there later be rules for 'on road' chases and battles? I think these have been alluded to once or twice. And were mentioned in the recent 'Meeples' podcast review. It's not a big deal, but I think a 'rolling road' type battle option could be fun. Years ago GW did a Mad Max type 'rolling road' game that was pretty good and actually began life (I think) as something originally intended for their Dedd RPG.

Word is that there's going to be a cut-down version for free download, with just the core rules and force lists for Justice Dept/Street Gangs.

Dai-Mongar said:
Muttley said:

Word is that there's going to be a cut-down version for free download, with just the core rules and force lists for Justice Dept/Street Gangs.

TBF, I prefer a lightweight PDF to a full blown shebang. The less I have to mess through to get to rules on a tablet or what ever, the better. Scrolling through 20 pages of fluff to get to the crunch wastes time during a game.

Back