Judge Dredd Inconsistencies

Arabin

Mongoose
I now own almost all of the supplements that have been released so far. I'm only missing a couple and I'll get those soon.

The problem I'm experiencing is that every book that mentions the same thing, seems to change the stats. I already previously mentioned the problems I had with the corebook and the character sheet descrepancies... but now I'm finding more. One of my players pointed out that the corebook has the rapid fire rate for the Lawgiver - Hi-Ex as 3... but the guide to the Justice Department says it is only 2. So far I have been using the corebook as the "bible", but it's getting very embarrasing to have the game keep getting held up while we figure out what is correct.

I love the game, and if the only way to ensure that the products that get published are checked for obvious errors like this, then please take me onboard as a tester. I would love to volunteer my time to ensure the Judge Dredd product do not contradict one another.

Arabin

Arabin said:
I now own almost all of the supplements that have been released so far. I'm only missing a couple and I'll get those soon.

The problem I'm experiencing is that every book that mentions the same thing, seems to change the stats. I already previously mentioned the problems I had with the corebook and the character sheet descrepancies... but now I'm finding more. One of my players pointed out that the corebook has the rapid fire rate for the Lawgiver - Hi-Ex as 3... but the guide to the Justice Department says it is only 2. So far I have been using the corebook as the "bible", but it's getting very embarrasing to have the game keep getting held up while we figure out what is correct.

I love the game, and if the only way to ensure that the products that get published are checked for obvious errors like this, then please take me onboard as a tester. I would love to volunteer my time to ensure the Judge Dredd product do not contradict one another.

Arabin

They're both correct - the core book details the Lawgiver Mk. II, which has a rapid-fire rate of 3, the RGJD details the less sophisticated Lawgiver Mk. I, which has a slower rate of fire.

Unless you're thinking of something else - can you give a page reference?

Arabin,
The best thing to do is consider anything in the core rulebook as cannon unless it states other wise in the sourcebooks! The main bones of conjection are the Lawgiver and Lawmaster really and both of those have been covered on the boards at some point.

At least thats the way I approach the rules when I am writing new material.

Marc

Good catch Grimalkin. I didn't notice that it was the Mark I. Next time I'll try to look at it in more detail before I rant about it.

Thanks for the advice Mark. Since all my players have the corebook, that does make the most sense.

Do you know if there is a second revision of the corebook planned or if the first edition is still being printed? I think if there is a reprint at some point, it would be nice to have the descriptions for the different types of crime included in the arrent/sentancing section. I know it's in the back in the glossary, but I think it'd be handy to have all in one place.

Arabin

Arabin said:
Do you know if there is a second revision of the corebook planned or if the first edition is still being printed? I think if there is a reprint at some point, it would be nice to have the descriptions for the different types of crime included in the arrent/sentancing section. I know it's in the back in the glossary, but I think it'd be handy to have all in one place.
Arabin

Hi again Arabin,
I am currently planning on linking all the prestige classes, feats and skills found in all the current material (including Signs and Portents) and hosting it up on Dredd Times. I did something similar to this for Brave New World a few years ago and had a lot of mail telling me how handy it was.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/deltaconspiracy/powerpackagefinder.htm

Marc

I'm going to start compiling this info for myself from all the books I have. I plan to create a ringbinder with a seperate section for Judge Classes and Citizen Classes. If I get on well with this, I might try expanding the binder to be a handy reference for anything I need. There is something to be said for laying out the rulebook in your own way so that it's really easy for you to find what you need.

Anyway, how are you coming along with the plans for Dreddtimes?

Arabin

Back