Jericho Season Finale.

Sgt. Brassones said:
It wasn't advertised at all and I totally lost track of the series because of it.

and the retarded monkeys in suits wonder why it lost audience share.... *SIGH*

Actually, the first I ever heard of it was on IGN.com since they were writing reviews for shows, and even then I stuck to my tried and true favorites...

Emperor Penguin,

The only rationale is SUITS
Rememmber not rational but rationale. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

emperorpenguin said:
cordas said:
The show had very good ratings until they decided to take a 3 month holiday in the middle of the series.........

What IS the rationale behind American networks doing that?

IF the stuff I read on the web is correct, CBS only initialy ordered half a season (or put in a clause that towards the end of the 1st half they would say wether they only wanted the 1 season or would put up the option for a second), once the season started to get good figures they ordered the rest of the season and put an option up for a 2nd season which is why there was a bit of gear changes in the 2nd half and the story openned up, making sure there would be plenty of story lines for a 2nd season. Then when the 2nd half didn't do well (lack of advertising and CBS maybe being complacent) CBS got cold feet and pulled the rug...

Cordas, it's not just Jericho. BSG always gets broken in two halves in the States as do some other shows.
I'm wondering what is the "cultural" or other reason why US networks do this?
Why can't they show a series from start to finish non-stop? Is it the US sports mentality of having to call "Time Out" every so often!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

emperorpenguin said:
Cordas, it's not just Jericho. BSG always gets broken in two halves in the States as do some other shows.
I'm wondering what is the "cultural" or other reason why US networks do this?
Why can't they show a series from start to finish non-stop? Is it the US sports mentality of having to call "Time Out" every so often!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am fairly sure its to allow episodes to be shown and bring in revenue whilst the end of the season is still being made, usually the break is also just for about 4 weeks over Xmas, this also allows networks to have a specail xmas line-up without having to worry about messing around ongoing shows. Jericho was slightly different in having such a long mid season break, so long that many people think that the 2 halfs of the season where actually different seasons..... It is my understanding that this was because CBS didn't pick up a full season iniialy but just a half season, maybe because the show tackled a rather sensitive issue.....

IT'S OFFICIAL - SEVEN MORE EPISODES AT LEAST!

http://www.mania.com/54966.html

Yay! We did it man! We won. Even though I myself didn't do anything like send CBS some nuts, but we did it!

TV shows also split the season up to get more episodes into the Sweeps periods when ratings are evaluated to determine the cost of advertising in the future. This is why shows stopped coming back in January and started aiming for February returns.

There is talk of going with a more European season structure in the future with whole runs completed and a new show replacing it. FOX's 24 already does that. At the very least, shows will only have a Christmas break as opposed to what some shows do now. For example, Heroes went on two separate breaks this year. That hurt their ratings, especially after the second break.

This would necessitate a change in the way Sweeps periods are scheduled. November would be a late period to assess shows that are going off the air in December.

Cheers Tredrick, I knew there had to be a cultural/business reason

also noticed that one of Jericho's problems was it was broadcast in competition with American Idol, we all know how the public love their reality tv, muppets

Armchair_Marine said:
Yay! We did it man! We won. Even though I myself didn't do anything like send CBS some nuts, but we did it!

they got 20 tons of nuts! :lol:

now the producers have the dilemma of "finish it or hope the ratings pick up"
it'd be awful if it doesn't have an ending and gets re-cancelled after 7 eps

Course, it'd be halarious if the it gets cancelled right after the first of the new episode, then you'll have to buy the boxed set to get the remaining six.

Hiromoon said:
Course, it'd be halarious if the it gets cancelled right after the first of the new episode, then you'll have to buy the boxed set to get the remaining six.

if it got cancelled after the first episode there'd not be another 6

you're just bitter cos our campaign worked, you you were wrong about there being a Jericho RPG and Dr Who is crap and getting cancelled! :p

Back