Jericho Season Finale.

Not sure if I'm the only one who watched this post apocalytic drama, but you should all check it out - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_%28TV_series%29

Set in an America where terrorists have nuked several major cities including Washington thus causing the federal government to collapse, Jericho is about one town trying to survive in this world slowly turning into mad max. Think JERIMIAH but better, and it takes place in the present (well an alternate present) rather than the future.

Anyways, in the season finale there was basically a war between Jericho and another larger town wanting to invade Jericho for it's farms and salt mines. I just thought this would make for an interesting scenario/convertions, where you use MEA militia's as townsfolk fighting each other for survival. Oh yeah, did I mention the people of Jericho also got themselves an Abrams tank and a nuke?

Also, it seems like there are several groups/governments claiming to be the true federal government and one of them seems to have it's own army.

Yeah have seen it, its a great show.... Predicatble end of series but hey... its got renewed :) Just how much longer they will have an Abrams for.... Aslo is it just me or does it look like a scratch built Abrams rather than the real thing.

I'm waiting for the season one DVD set so I can watch the episodes I missed. It would seem to be a good setup for a group of linked senerios.

cordas said:
Yeah have seen it, its a great show.... Predicatble end of series but hey... its got renewed :) Just how much longer they will have an Abrams for.... Aslo is it just me or does it look like a scratch built Abrams rather than the real thing.

Oh it's the real thing alright, it looked liked an M1A1 not an A2, so it must have been cheaper to rent. I just kinda hate it when season finales end with a cliffhanger like that! Ah well.

It would be interesting to see foreign NATO troops get invovled with peacekeeping operations, it'll be like Iraq, except you've got Euro troops dealing with Americans commiting 'secterian' violence against each other.

cordas said:

So how is it you get to see new American shows when they air and we get last seasons Dr. Who? :cry:

Sgt. Brassones said:
cordas said:

So how is it you get to see new American shows when they air and we get last seasons Dr. Who? :cry:

Thw wonders of the internet....... :twisted:

Season 2 started last night, i must say a very good show, went under the rader over here in the uk..

The show i really liked and so did my mum..!!
SUFACE...

Cracking story, shame about Lost, will will find out the true...!!

soulman said:
Season 2 started last night, i must say a very good show, went under the rader over here in the uk..

The show i really liked and so did my mum..!!
SUFACE...

Cracking story, shame about Lost, will will find out the true...!!

Season 1 just finished the other night..... Season 2 hasn't beem made yet (it has been confirmed and might be in production).

Apparently its been shown on the Hallmark channel in the UK....

The second half of season one started in the UK last night. We are only at the episode "The Day Before"
I think it's a great show, my family is hooked too!
I also want to read the novel "The Dead Of Night" by Brendan Dubois, it deals with a very similar theme, where the US has been attacked by terrorists with a nuke and collapses into civil war, with UN forces trying to keep peace and hunt down war criminals

emperorpenguin said:
The second half of season one started in the UK last night. We are only at the episode "The Day Before"
I think it's a great show, my family is hooked too!
I also want to read the novel "The Dead Of Night" by Brendan Dubois, it deals with a very similar theme, where the US has been attacked by terrorists with a nuke and collapses into civil war, with UN forces trying to keep peace and hunt down war criminals

The show just gets better I feel, there is a slight story adjustment as they become aware they are going to have at least a second series... but the show just gets better and better I feel.

Never heard of that book, but will look it up :) A similarish book the David Brins "The Postman", an excellent book that could have made an excellent movie which unfortunatly had Kevin Cosner make a really shit movie out of it.

But when they saw the big map in that bartertown, weren't there six capitals?

Three have folded already?

Now is the time my friends!

britneyfan97 said:
But when they saw the big map in that bartertown, weren't there six capitals?

Three have folded already?

Now is the time my friends!

another episode said that Sacramento and Cheyenne had joined together to form the Western block
I imagine two of the eastern capitals joined forces too

wikipedia has lots of stuff about jehricho, just be aware its kept upto date with the US show dates, so it can contain spoilers

Sgt. Brassones said:
Just heard this on an entertainment report; Jericho has been cancelled. There will be no second season. Dammit!

Yeah, CBS sucks now. Apparantly people would rather watch a billion different version of CSI. But guess what they're planning to replace Jericho with? A show set in the 70s about swingers! Screw the 70s man! I want my post apocalyptic adventure!

Hopefully some other channel will pick Jericho up, I mean they can't just leave us hanging like this.

Sgt. Brassones said:
Just heard this on an entertainment report; Jericho has been cancelled. There will be no second season. Dammit!

ah god damn it! :evil:

what is wrong with US tv networks?

They did this to me with "Over There" too :x

Well, our market is larger and we can do things like that. I mean, I had shows I liked yanked from under me... like Mantis and Viper....

Back