Jeremiah RPG thoughts...

Vonbloodbath

Mongoose
So, anyone have any plans for runnign a Jeremiah game?

I've been looking for something to run with my friends for a while; we all play in one long running game (6 years and counting) and so I've been looking for something to give our current GM a little break from time to time.

Jeremiah will be perfect, I think, in that I'm a huge fan, but none of my group have seen it! Meaning I can toss in recognisable NPC's without having them jump ahead and know who they are :)

My current thinking is to set things up to go just before / concurrent with the opener (the Long Road) and having my PC's looking for the End of the World...

Anyone else got anything planned?...

VB

For all those who haven't seen the series there is an episode guide in the rulebook. We also have an introductory adventure which will be published in a future episode of Signs & Portents and the first supplement is on the way.

Fordy
The Northman :roll:

MongooseFordy said:
For all those who haven't seen the series there is an episode guide in the rulebook.
That's cool; handy for me, and I can exercise GM censorship rights! :wink:

All sounds good! Do you know which S&P Will have the adventure?

VB

Well I know that I'm going to be running games as soon as I've gotten the RPG. Quite a number of Jeremiah fans over here in South Africa s should make for good playing.

Guys .... consider yourselves "lucky" .... here in Greece they do not know what Jeremiah is !!! :( I just ordered the RPG books and i hope i will have them soon !!

I just picked my copy up today and it's nice. Not Conan nice or B5 nice, but it is at least so far an accurate attempt to capture the show, and that's half the battle. I've only looked through the initial bits of character generation and I like what I see. Can I really have an 8 year old with a 23 INT??? The concept of character background being based on geography is a fantastic idea and having some ranfome parts of a PCs origin is something I've loved since the old Cyberpunk:2020 days. Ahhhh.....lifepath...

I'll post mre evaluation as I go through, but I see this thread filling up in the days and weeks to come. I've been looking forward to this for a while now.

One odd thing that I'm not sure I liek yet or not is the fixed wound levels. Everyone has the same wound "dots" and these get marked off if you take damage.

Wouldn't it haave been better to use a Vitality/Wound system like in Star Wars or Stargate RPGs? This way, since there are stat penalties for some character concepts, CON might be lower and therefore more easily knocked out of commision from excessive damage.

I'll have to look at it more closely, but it also seems a little generous on the side of health and recovery.

Sutek said:
One odd thing that I'm not sure I liek yet or not is the fixed wound levels. Everyone has the same wound "dots" and these get marked off if you take damage.

Wouldn't it haave been better to use a Vitality/Wound system like in Star Wars or Stargate RPGs? This way, since there are stat penalties for some character concepts, CON might be lower and therefore more easily knocked out of commision from excessive damage.

I'll have to look at it more closely, but it also seems a little generous on the side of health and recovery.

It is intended to be a more realistic combat system and is therefore more deadly. The only ability that affects the damage a character takes is his Con modifier. A couple of average pistol hits and the character will take weeks to recover. A couple of good pistol hits and the charcter is dying.

Of course there's nothing to stop you changing your game to make it more cinematic and survivable.

SylvanElf said:
Guys .... consider yourselves "lucky" .... here in Greece they do not know what Jeremiah is !!! :( I just ordered the RPG books and i hope i will have them soon !!

Same goes for here in Sweden! I only found out about Jeremiah when I saw it listed under Leisure Games New Releases last week. "Based on the TV series?" I thought. "What TV series?"

Is there any kind of mini-review of the game anywhere? I've got plenty of d20 books (including the excellent Judge Dredd!) but haven't seen any of Mongoose's OGL books, so don't know how they handle things.

Back