Jeremiah: Powers and Principalities ?

pretzelgod

Mongoose
I was looking around to see how well the Jeremiah setting is going to be supported, and the answer appears to be "not very". I did find something odd though:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1904854680/
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1904854923/

The first URL is for the Thunder Mountain book, the second claims to be for "Powers and Principalities", but the picture seems to be an alternative Thunder Mountain cover. Googling for the ISBN only turns up more references to this title but describing it as Thunder Mountain:

http://www.google.com/search?q=isbn%201904854923

"Powers and Principalities" being a quote from Markus about the conflict in the second season, i would expect this book to detail the second season. And i'd really like to purchase such a book :). But i'm skeptical it actually exists...

What gives?

Amazon often puts books that are scheduled for release into their catalogue and never removes them when they fail to appear.

Mongoose stopped publishing Jeremiah material after the first supplement. They have never said why as far as I know.

I think it has something to do with the fact that Jeremiah was produced out of house for Mongoose by Morrigan Press.

I could be wrong on that though.

LBH

Thanks for the info, guys. My guess for the reason they're not doing more is the same as my guess for why season two isn't on DVD: low sales.

'Tis a shame, it was a great series if you ignored Sam Egan's contributions.

I liked it.

BTW, the next S&P (up for download in a few hours!) has an article on Jeremiah characters. . .

If my guess about the sales is right, i should thank you guys for publishing what you did, no matter how much i wish there were a season two guide :). Maybe there's enough demand for a PDF only?

I'll be picking up a copy of both these books soon, and if the Babylon 5 books are any indication, i won't be disappointed.

Thanks, Matthew.

I was really hoping Thunder Mountain would still make an appearance.

Ah well, maybe it'll under go a revival or something...

Kyu Kage said:

Did you mean something else, Thunder Mountain supplement is out, and part of Monty's offer of the month in S&P 27.

LBH

Just come off the phone with Platinum Studios. Interesting things happening in Jeremiah land. It won't happen all at once, but the Mongoose will be there. . .

lastbesthope said:
Kyu Kage said:

Did you mean something else, Thunder Mountain supplement is out, and part of Monty's offer of the month in S&P 27.

LBH

*Blink* *Blink*

Yes. Yes I did.

Valhalla Sector.

I guess I just had the Mountain on the brain...

Kyu Kage said:
lastbesthope said:
Kyu Kage said:

LBH

*Blink* *Blink*

Yes. Yes I did.

Valhalla Sector.

I guess I just had the Mountain on the brain...

Yeah, i'd really love to have a Valhalla Sector book. Though it sounds like there's hope...

msprange said:
Just come off the phone with Platinum Studios. Interesting things happening in Jeremiah land. It won't happen all at once, but the Mongoose will be there. . .

Yay!

msprange said:

Interesting, I am now more encouraged to partake of Monty's offer of the month.

Will we be abole to redeem the voucher at the MGT ACTA tourney?

LBH

I would partake of the offer, but I only need a new copy of TM.

Mine went walk about a few weeks ago.

Still, a second main book couldn't hurt.

When things like that crop up, I tend to sell it cheap to a mate, sell it on ebay or have a second book around if I'm running the game.

I'm really happy with what Mongoose has released for Jeremiah. I know its not a "hot" ticket these days, but I'm hoping for more. Its a shame that the dvd sales arent going so great cause I've been itchin for the season two set. I've got the VHS and that will have to suffice until MGM decides to finish the job.

Mongoose, please keep Jeremiah on the books (even if its only in the downloadable magazine).

If your open to scenario submissions, I'm damned good at writing em.

Thank You
Mick

Back