Jamming and more

A

Anonymous

Hello all
This is my first time posting so please forgive any errors.
OK, I have a guy who was lucky enough to be a P12, and a strong one at that, in my group. Telepathy and its abilities are always his first line of defense. My game has just entered the 4th season and he now knows about jamming shadow ships, what he has asked me is would pain work? How about daze?
For that matter what happens if, mind you you'd have to know a few things about the technomages, but what happens if you jam a ship a technomage is associated with?

Oscar said:
For that matter what happens if, mind you you'd have to know a few things about the technomages, but what happens if you jam a ship a technomage is associated with?

Not a lot really. The control system the Technomages use is considerably more sophisticated and is capable of autonomy; The Technomage is not the CPU of the ship but the pilot.

The indications from the Technomage Trilogy is that they don't overly worry about teeps.

The indications from the Technomage Trilogy is that they don't overly worry about teeps.
For as long as their tech implants remain operative . If those are disconnected , the technomage is as vulnerable to teeps as everyone else .

Natxomann said:
For as long as their tech implants remain operative . If those are disconnected , the technomage is as vulnerable to teeps as everyone else .

Of course at that point he can't control his ship either :)

OK, then ....

What about Vorlon ship, which are living? Do you think a teep could pain such a ship? Would the results be the same? I'm just wondering now...

Oscar

Considering that Vorlons are linked to their ships telepathically, you're more than welcome to try. However, all Vorlons are P-15, so any teep that tries might very well have his brain melted out his ear.

Oscar said:
OK, I have a guy who was lucky enough to be a P12, and a strong one at that, in my group.
Why do you say he was lucky? Did you let him roll a D12 to determine his P-rating? Many people do this because they think the D2 is a typo but Matt confirmed that you had to "buy" higher levels with a penalty to your skill points. I think this design decision makes sense for game balance, as a P-9 or higher can really unbalance a game if left unchecked. :roll:

Just curious. 8)

Why do you say he was lucky? Did you let him roll a D12 to determine his P-rating? Many people do this because they think the D2 is a typo but Matt confirmed that you had to "buy" higher levels with a penalty to your skill points. I think this design decision makes sense for game balance, as a P-9 or higher can really unbalance a game if left unchecked.

No, he rolled 1d4 and got a 4. 8+4=12. I say lucky because the difference between P9 and P12 is substantial! I assume you mean the +2 to hit points ... since that is the logical progression I don't see how someone could think that a misprint. Ahh well.
Thank you all for your answers.
Oscar

Dag'Nabbit said:
Considering that Vorlons are linked to their ships telepathically, you're more than welcome to try. However, all Vorlons are P-15, so any teep that tries might very well have his brain melted out his ear.

Plus, we've seen that the ships are more than capable of reacting to threats themselves. If anyone has read R.R. Martins "Wild Cards" series I always looked at the Volron ships as being similar to Baby, sentient but kind of child-like and needing guidance generally. Try to telepathically mess with a Vorlon ship and you're liable to end up on the business end of a lightning cannon attached to a seriously p*ssed off warship. Besides, if the Shadows were smart enough to engineer fail-safes into their "secret weapons" (technomages) I'm sure that the Vorlons didn't overlook fail-safes in thier teeps. Heck, Lyta was a super-specially-engineered teep and we all saw how well that stood her with the second Kosh.

Matt

Oscar said:
No, he rolled 1d4 and got a 4. 8+4=12. I say lucky because the difference between P9 and P12 is substantial! I assume you mean the +2 to hit points ... since that is the logical progression I don't see how someone could think that a misprint. Ahh well.
No, I was refering to the base 1d2, which is the default score for teeps with full access to skill points. Higher levels suffer skill points penalty.
It's just that many people thought at first that a player could roll 1d12 to determine the Psi rating and found that a d2 made no sense.

Back