Is Sheridan worth a whole Whitestar?

Sheridan or Two Whitestars?

• A Whitestar with Sheridan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two Whitestars

• Who needs Whitestars when you can have a Victory?

• Total voters

Greg Smith

Mongoose
A whitestar commanded by Captain Sheridan costs a battle point, which is the equivalent of two normal whitestars. Is he worth it?

Sheridan's Whitestar
-----------------------
CQ6
Initiative +3
Reroll dodges: it will get hit 1 in 9 shots. :shock:
Two special actions: I'm really not sure how effective this is - you could Close Blast doors! every turn, but that would reduce your firing and turning. You could come out of a jump point and CAF, but that is only once. All of the useful special actions cannot be combined, eg Come About & CAF, or Come About & All Power.

Two standard Whitestars
----------------------------
CQ5
No initiative bonus, but two ships to out-maneuver the enemy.
Dodges: 1 in 3 shots will hit. But double the number of damage points.
Double the weaponry: two triple-damage beams, two nials, etc. Two chances to hit.

On the whole, I'm thinking the two whitestars are better. What do you guys think?

im always in favour of the extra ship... the more targets you give the opposition the higher the chance they make the wrong choice... saying that tho the extra ini is very cool.... but id still have the extra ship

A lot depends on the priority level and scenario. In a War level game, I'll take Sheridan. In Raid, I will take the eatra White Star. In Battle, it depends.

While the other guy is trying to figure out which Whitestar has Sheridan on it I'll just have my Victory pop out of hyperspace and maul the biggest ship in the enemy fleet from behind.

I would be using Concentrate all Fire with either All Power to Engines, Come About, or All stop.

If none of those are useful then use CAF with All hands to deck just in case you take a hard hit.

Oh, and on round you know your going to get pasted you should use All Hands on Deck along with Close all Blast Doors.

Finally when you are first closing with the enemy and only the main gun is in range its a given that you will CAF and Close all Blast Doors.

Silvereye said:
Could you use Come About twice?

I would say no. But I would have to think about it more to see if it would break anything doing that.

If you can do that though then you could do Full Speed ahead twice and suddenly nothing can keep up with your White Star.

Silvereye said:

I'd say yes, and I think it is only worth it at bigger fleets, I doubt I'd take him in a 5 pt raid scenario like a tourney. Unless I was tryring to confuse my first opponent into thinking I was keeping a White Star in hyperspace then all of a sudden one on the board starts dodging everything, and I always win initiative.

LBH

That could be fun too.

Alternatively, you may be able to blag the All Ahead Full and Come About combo as follows.

Your White Star hares off all ahead at 22" or so for a turn. It loses the ability to move its usual 2/90º turns with All Ahead Full. However it is able to make a single 1/45º at some point in the sequence after moving at least half its total move due to the Come About.

Silvereye said:
That could be fun too.

Alternatively, you may be able to blag the All Ahead Full and Come About combo as follows.

Your White Star hares off all ahead at 22" or so for a turn. It loses the ability to move its usual 2/90º turns with All Ahead Full. However it is able to make a single 1/45º at some point in the sequence after moving at least half its total move due to the Come About.

You can't do that, the rules say "all effects of both Special Actions apply" so you can't do ALl Power to Engines (no turning) and Come ABout.

Also to correct my earlier post, the rules also state that the same SA can't be done twice in the same turn, so nbo double come about, pity, double all speed ahead would have rocked!

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Silvereye said:

EDIT : NO YOU CAN'T, see my post below.

I think it is only worth it at bigger fleets, I doubt I'd take him in a 5 pt raid scenario like a tourney. Unless I was tryring to confuse my first opponent into thinking I was keeping a White Star in hyperspace then all of a sudden one on the board starts dodging everything, and I always win initiative.

LBH

Back