Invader Zim!

Nerroth

Mongoose
Hi!

You might think this was a crazy idea, but I wonder if an RPG based around the Invader Zim universe might not be an interesting place to play in!

One could assume the identity of the notorious Irken would-be-conqueror himself, using an array of bizarre alien technologies - and the 'help' of the insane GIR robot - to further the goals of total Terran domination.

Or perhaps you'd rather plot as Dib, the obsessive nerd who just might be the last hope for humanity - or his evil sister Gaz, who probably wouldn't mind either way!

And there are plenty of other worlds in the galaxy to conquer, other proud Invaders to role-play as - and if you're less adventurous, there's always work at the super-busy restaurants of Foodcourtia..

Sound like fun?

Gary

It's a shame - the IZ-verse has a lot of potential for RPing, and it would help raise awareness of the show itself.

I could see this being a lot of fun, but I'd want to see both sides played by players. I think this could be a very fun adversarial/humor game. Maybe even a three player game with a GM and two players. One Zim, the other Dib and each with a foil controlled by the GM to mess up their plans. I.E. Gaz and Gir.

Not to mention, you could include other Jhones Vasquez characters into the Earthly setting from his comics like 'Johnny the homicidal Maniac' and 'Squee!'.

Love the stuff. :D

Edit:
It's currently big in youth 'cult' and would bring a new set of gamers in. Probelm is finding people to design said game, they would have to bear interest in the artsit's work and match it accurately. Unfortunately, I don't really see MSprange taking much interest in this kind of 'youthful' humour (senseless idiocy :lol: ).
I for one would love to see it, would love to contribute. :)

Well, that's the thing - while I love RP settings with a well-grounded setting and a well-honed sense of irony (such as B5 and WFRP), there are times when I'd just love to write up my own Irken Invader, conjure up crazy schemes of conquest, and actually have them work...

...only to be back at square one the next time around!

But that doesn't mean it need be senseless idiocy - to me, the calculated, yet totally overblown nature of the schemes seen in the show give plenty of scope for inventive player interaction.

But if you want, you can do idiocy as well...

IZ would be something quite different to what you usually see in an RPG - and yes, having opposing teams of RPers would be a great idea. But why would you let GIR and Gaz be NPCs? Better to have them as actual PCs!

Gary

I've got a sorta-Zim-themed rpg under development, actually, as a private project. If anyone wants to give the very first draft a shot, PM me with your email address. (I haven't even had a chance to run it myself yet.)

Rob_alderman said:
Not to mention, you could include other Jhones Vasquez characters into the Earthly setting from his comics like 'Johnny the homicidal Maniac' and 'Squee!'.

Love the stuff. :D

Edit:
It's currently big in youth 'cult' and would bring a new set of gamers in. Probelm is finding people to design said game, they would have to bear interest in the artsit's work and match it accurately. Unfortunately, I don't really see MSprange taking much interest in this kind of 'youthful' humour (senseless idiocy :lol: ).
I for one would love to see it, would love to contribute. :)
I'm one of those youth LOL! As well I totally agree with you.

*imagines a Johny the Homicidal maniac mini :twisted: *

Just ordered the 'directors cut' of JTHM. :)

EDIT*
Just recieved JTHM, it is so damn FUNNY!
Ordered fillerbunny and SQUEE! so get ready for more random acts of senseless violence (tell me where that qoute is from and I'll give you a muffin).

Me and rob are going to be trying this out within the next month. It sounds hilarious and we'll definantly give you feedback on what its like.

Back