Introductions and Children Playing a Lone Wolf Campaign

Hal said:
This is so cool. I loved Shadows over Bogenhafen and find how you have easily adapted it to LW very cool. More! :)

Thanks for the kind words. Not bad when you consider that each session is just under 1 hour long. Essentially, those 3 sessions are actually equal to a single evening's worth of play for many groups. :)
Oh, and the cool thing about the two pics I took is that one shows the kids at the gaming table, but the other shows them gathered in a group holding the LWRPG up in front of them; a nice little tribute to the game. :D

cheers!
Colin

Very nice Mr. Chapman, you can keep on writing those gaming reports and I'll gladly keep on reading them! I'm amazed at the amount of details you're including in the text. :D

columbob said:
Very nice Mr. Chapman, you can keep on writing those gaming reports and I'll gladly keep on reading them! I'm amazed at the amount of details you're including in the text. :D

Thanks, mate. I have a very visual memory, and imagine the scenes much like a movie in my mind. I also ensure I type up the accounts very soon after the event so I'm less likely to forget anything. ;)

cheers!
Colin

It's good to read your accounts. The Enemy Within is a great campaign.

You can post pictures on the web here: www.myphotoalbum.com or I can put them up if you wish, e-mail them to me at greg dot thunderchild at ntlworld dot com

Greg Smith said:
It's good to read your accounts. The Enemy Within is a great campaign.

You can post pictures on the web here: www.myphotoalbum.com or I can put them up if you wish, e-mail them to me at greg dot thunderchild at ntlworld dot com

Thanks, Greg, the gesture is much appreciated, and I've just e-mailed the pics to you. :)

cheers!
Colin

Thank you Colin for these great session reports, they're very inspirational since I'm about to start a gaming club at the middle-age school (12 to 16 years old) where I work as a librarian. I think I will start with a campaign in the same vein as yours, there's hoping it will be as succesful...

Keep up the good work, you're a great inspiration!

redlaco said:
Thank you Colin for these great session reports, they're very inspirational since I'm about to start a gaming club at the middle-age school (12 to 16 years old) where I work as a librarian.

Just be careful. There's dangerous precidents for librarians clustered around a table in the school library with a select group of students, talking about axes, crossbows, and the undead...

redlaco said:
Thank you Colin for these great session reports, they're very inspirational since I'm about to start a gaming club at the middle-age school (12 to 16 years old) where I work as a librarian. I think I will start with a campaign in the same vein as yours, there's hoping it will be as succesful...

Keep up the good work, you're a great inspiration!

Thanks for the high praise, mate. I'm delighted it's inspring you.

One thing I did that helped speed things along initially, was do most of the chargen for the kids myself, prior to starting the campaign. I essentially asked them what they wanted to play, got them to roll the numbers for their stats, and express any preferences for weapons/equipment/class abilities, but did the number crunching myself.

Now, they'll do the crunching when it comes to levelling up (which'll be a good introduction to that aspect of the game), but for a young group new to the game, I'd leave the crunching as something that gets introduced gradually. Otherwise, you may find yourself using 1-2 sessions just to create the characters, and if you've only got one individual really knowledgable about rpgs, and only one copy of the game, it can result in a lot of players sitting around getting bored, and that's definitely something to avoid until roleplaying truly becomes a passion for them.

Oh, and don't be afraid to e-mail (oaklynx at yahoo dot co dot uk) or PM me, if you want any advice, input, or help of any kind. I'm always willing to help anyone introduce new players. :)

cheers!
Colin

mthomason said:
redlaco said:
Thank you Colin for these great session reports, they're very inspirational since I'm about to start a gaming club at the middle-age school (12 to 16 years old) where I work as a librarian.

Just be careful. There's dangerous precidents for librarians clustered around a table in the school library with a select group of students, talking about axes, crossbows, and the undead...

Heheheh.

Col

Greg Smith said:
The pictures are up!

http://thunderchild.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=ColinSLoneWolfGame

Excellent, thanks!
Okay, the roll call:

* Colin's LW Group 1
From left to right, going around the table:
Sam, Noel, Ewen, Chloe, Charlotte, Abi, Izzy (hiding), Katy.
All of the kids have their own dice (and Abi has her own dice bag, a fist-sized rucksack, though you can't see it in the pic). Hence the tubes of dice in front of Sam and Katy. The folded map, with seal and ribbon, can be seen below my dice, the Thornrose shield left of it, my own rather dull dicebag above it.

* Colin's LW Group 2
You can actually see Izzy (behind Noel's left shoulder).

cheers!
Colin

mthomason said:
Wait a minute, I've been scratching my head over this for a few minutes and the closest reference that comes to my blurry mind right now is the old UHF flick from Weird Al Yankovick, you know, the scene about 'Conan the Librarian'?

Obviously I'm in the mud, so can you please enlighten me that I could share the joke? After all, it's on me... :oops:

redlaco said:
mthomason said:
Wait a minute, I've been scratching my head over this for a few minutes and the closest reference that comes to my blurry mind right now is the old UHF flick from Weird Al Yankovick, you know, the scene about 'Conan the Librarian'?

Obviously I'm in the mud, so can you please enlighten me that I could share the joke? After all, it's on me... :oops:

That would be "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."

Oh, thanks Guest for clearing that up for me. All i know of Buffy I learned from playing a bit of the X-Box game, so it's an understatement to say that I ain't no scholar on the subject. Don't know why, but I was never tempted to go out to check that show; I always thought it was a little childish. Ah, well, maybe someday I'll rent the DVDs and give it a spin.

Good to read you again, Colin!

I didn't know you were a LW too *or more likely forgotten.) With you around, I'm sure we'll have lots of goodies to read.

Ok naar hokilug!

Ysidro said:
Good to read you again, Colin!

I didn't know you were a LW too *or more likely forgotten.) With you around, I'm sure we'll have lots of goodies to read.

Ok naar hokilug!

Hey Ysidro,

Nice to see you here, though I spend more time at the Tower of the Sun than here now.

cheers!
Colin

Back