Interesting Kickstarter

Marlow Kurtz

Mongoose
Just noticed this. d100 (kinda sorta) and S&S. Might have some appeal to Legendeers.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/orbisrpg/orbis-terrarum-rpg

It truely is an atmospheric and polished sysytem. The world can be easily adapted by GMs who are looking for a setting for games such as Legend, RQ6 and BRP. The writers have been GMing OT and adapting the rules and source material for well over a decade now with a wide variety of players at clubs and conventions.
As a big plus, the book is already written and formatted, lots of artwork by professional RPG artists is complete and you can get a PDF as soon as Kickstarter finishes ! The final PDF, which will incorporate material inserted by Kickstarter backers, comes out with the softcover release early next year. Its already past a stretch goal but don't delay as there is a bonanza of extra features that can happen if funding is met !!
I have playtested in several campaigns and I've contributed the odd bit of artwork. If anyone has any queries after watching the video and reading about the project there is an Orbis RPG Facebook site and Dan and Fifty are happy to answer correspondence. I can answer some questions myself as well. Details about an imminent internet chat in an hour or two are on the Kickstarter site.
John R White

Its ony a few days left. It would be nice for next Orbis Kickstarter stretch goal to be met as, besides lots more artwork, there will be a gazeteer for the City of Nosta Pyrax available to most pledgers if the goal is met. Having played a character in NP for years I can vouch that its a fantastic location to set Fantasy RPG adventures what ever the rules set you are using!

Another stretch goal attained today so you now have a big book of rules and source material with more original art work, intro scenario, pre-gens, city map and gazetterr ! Only a short time left, but if we hit next goal that would be total 100% original artwork plus more creaures and demons.

Now under 24 hours left. Pitch in so you can get the extra goodies on offer and hopefully we will reach a third stretch goal !

Orbis Terrarum RPG now has a forum site
www.orbisrpg.freeforums.org
I dare say there will be various scenarios seeing print xt year that will be of interestr to both Legend, RQ6 and OT players.

havercake lad said:
Orbis Terrarum RPG now has a forum site
http://www.orbisrpg.freeforums.org

Been waiting 2 days now for an activation email...

havercake lad said:
I dare say there will be various scenarios seeing print xt year that will be of interestr to both Legend, RQ6 and OT players.

Are they looking at a steady stream of scenarios? Regular published adventures makes or breaks a setting for my group. No-one is prepared to write their own.

You would have to ask Fifty and Dan re their plans, but they have both GMed Ot for years and have a wealth of scenarios, so I guess a good flow of material is on the cards. I also hope to write some Orbis material once I've got some other RPG writing out of the way.

Gather some backers ended up with the OT pdf in their Spam boxes. Better check them if you have not recieved an owed copy.

Quick Start version is now on Drivethru on pay what you like. The scenario 'Hiunting for Treasure' can be easily adapted to Legend.

Quick Start version is now on Drivethru on pay what you like. The scenario 'Hiunting for Treasure' can be easily adapted to Legend.

Back