Information on the First Ones

Thirdspace might be a good book if you want information on them. The Lurkers Guide to Telepaths has some information on the Mindriders also.

Darkness and Light also has information on the Shadows and Vorlons as well as their history.

Yea, I have those... I was just wondering where I can get a general list of each one with possible characteristics of each, but I guess they want to leave that open.

Ron

seawolf69 said:
Yea, I have those... I was just wondering where I can get a general list of each one with possible characteristics of each, but I guess they want to leave that open.

Ron

I don't think there is a book that contains a list of characteristics as such. What, do you mean stats or like appearances and abilities?

I figured it out. Between these three books, I was able to figure it out...

Shadows & Vorlon Fact Book
Thirdspace
Legends of the Rangers

After reading the histories of all the First Ones, it is definitely puts things in perspective.

Ron

OK, now that I have gone through these three books, I am having troule consolidating information about the Hand.

(1) in D&L: The Vorlon & Shadow Fact Book - the Hand is mentioned as a collection of slave races (some being First Ones) to the Thirdspace invaders. In the timeline in D&L, there is no mention of the Kirshiac Lord war and the banishment of the Hand, at least not that I have found. I assume that once hte invaders were defeated, the Hand dissipated.

(2) In the Thirdspace sourcebook, the Thirdspace invaders are named as the Harbingers, and the Hand (in the Errors of Pride chapter) are indentified as a First One race. They are said to have been inspired by the Thirdspace aliens in their ability to dominate and manipulate other races.
-
(3) In the Legends of the Rangers sourcebook - The Hand are first ones banished by Lorian to the Void, who have minions within our own space, doing their bidding.

This has probably already been dealt with but I wanted to bring it up and see what people thought.

Ron

seawolf69 said:
OK, now that I have gone through these three books, I am having troule consolidating information about the Hand.

(1) in D&L: The Vorlon & Shadow Fact Book - the Hand is mentioned as a collection of slave races (some being First Ones) to the Thirdspace invaders. In the timeline in D&L, there is no mention of the Kirshiac Lord war and the banishment of the Hand, at least not that I have found. I assume that once hte invaders were defeated, the Hand dissipated.

(2) In the Thirdspace sourcebook, the Thirdspace invaders are named as the Harbingers, and the Hand (in the Errors of Pride chapter) are indentified as a First One race. They are said to have been inspired by the Thirdspace aliens in their ability to dominate and manipulate other races.
-
(3) In the Legends of the Rangers sourcebook - The Hand are first ones banished by Lorian to the Void, who have minions within our own space, doing their bidding.

This has probably already been dealt with but I wanted to bring it up and see what people thought.

Ron

The way I see it, the Hand were a First One race who were telepathically dominated by the Thirdspace Harbingers who used them along with other races as a slave army until they were defeated. The Hand were one of the few races to survive the telepathic domination and became influenced by that act which resulted in their desire to manipulate others to do their will though they did it the normal way as they didnt have the Harbingers vast telepathic powers.

Also by their attempts at manipulating the Kirishiac, they were banished because they were seen as the guilty party in the war and thus the Walkers sent them into the Void after Lorien judged them for their crimes.

With the licence going to expire next year it dosn't look like will will get a First Ones book, but how about a PDF download?

I know Mongoose has background information and could do some simple rules to match. Come on Mongoose, do it for all our years of loyalty. Please.

Back