Inerplanetary Expeditions (IPX)?

G

Greetings,

Just finished watching the DVD for ACTA and was curious. Any chance of seeing any RPG related info on the IPX organization in future B5RPG releases? Alternately, if someone knows of a current game-related site with info, could you provide a link?

Thanks for the time.

Mify

That was supposed to be InTerplanetary. :) Shooting spell-shecking as we speak...

That was supposed to be InTerplanetary. :) Shooting spell-shecking as we speak...

msprange said:
IPX is something we will certainly be covering in the future!

Well it would be difficult not to given that IPX sponsored the Icarus' expedition to Z'ha'dum, and Max Eilerson from Crusade worked for IPX.

It would be like not covering the Psi Corps (which I know Mongoose have in the works)

All power to the Mongoose!

LBH

There is an article in corpoartions in B5 in issue 9 of Signs & Portents which includes IPX (writen by yours truly). And there is the novel, The Shadow Within which details the Icarus' expedition to Z'ha'Dum.

IPX is an odd player in the series. On one hand it seems that they are working with the Shadows to uncover their tech and enhance Earth, but they also seem to be completly independent to the conspiracy going on.

Eryx said:
IPX is an odd player in the series. On one hand it seems that they are working with the Shadows to uncover their tech and enhance Earth, but they also seem to be completly independent to the conspiracy going on.

I never got the idea they were working with the Shadows, just that they were trying to get as much of their tech as possible for the Bio-weapons division of Earthforce.

But they do play an important part in the B5 Universe, so more info on them would be great but not sure if there would info for a whole book (although it could include some interesting alien tech). Maybe if it were part of a book on corporations or or something? It could also include companies like Edgars Industries, Future Corps and ISN. It would give us more of an idea of the commerical aspects of B5!

Judge Walker said:
lastbesthope said:
[
It would be like not covering the Psi Corps (which I know Mongoose have in the works)

The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father.

Trust the Corps. :shock:

In reply to this, I've said it before and I'll say it again no doubt. . .

. . . But Ivanova is God!

Greg Smith said:
There is an article in corpoartions in B5 in issue 9 of Signs & Portents which includes IPX (writen by yours truly). And there is the novel, The Shadow Within which details the Icarus' expedition to Z'ha'Dum.

I knew I'd read some IPX stuff somewhere, I just couldn't remember where. When you know as much about B5 as I do (Quite a bit) you forget which stuff comes from which source. I'd forgot it was to do with your wonderful RPG!

And you're right about the novel, although it is not officially accepted as canon (last I heard) it is still quite good. "The Shadow Within" and "To Dream In The City Of Sorrows" are the only two of the original 9 novels to get an individual re-release.

LBH

And I heard a good news by the mouth (keyboard, actually) of JMS : a new serie of B5 novels are on the way, apparently. No details as of yet. Seen on jmsnews.com

Back