Improved two weapon combat and Total Defense questions

grizzly ruin

Mongoose
Hi, new to the boards and the game.

I don't have the Atlantean edition, I got the Conan RPG from a friend.

So my questions...

Under the entry for Total Defense is says a character gains a +4 dodge bonus. Is this different in the new edition? Is there a reason this benefits dodged based classes more than parry based ones?

Page 120 of Improved Two Handed Combat uses the example:

main weapon = +20/+15/+10/+5
off hand weapon = +20/+15/+10/+5

The way I read the entry it seems as if it should actually say

off hand weapon = +15/+10/+5/+0

Is that correct?

Thanks in advance.

If the off-hand weapon is light, the example is correct. Conan is a lot more 2-weapon combat friendly than D&D.

I don't have my AE handy, so I can't give you more than that at the moment.

Thanks, I think I know what confused me now.

I wasn't counting the first attack you get for basic 2 weapon combat, and then you get 3 extra from improved 2 weapon combat. Bringing it to 4 attacks (for a 20th level solider)

The wording in the entry confused me a litte.

grizzly ruin said:
Under the entry for Total Defense is says a character gains a +4 dodge bonus. Is this different in the new edition? Is there a reason this benefits dodged based classes more than parry based ones?

Yeah, in the AE you get a bonus to defence (both dodge and parry) for fighting defensively and using total defence. I guess its one of the things they changed then.

Sounds like you got the two-weapon stuff right.

Welcome to the boards!

Trodax said:
Yeah, in the AE you get a bonus to defence (both dodge and parry) for fighting defensively and using total defence. I guess its one of the things they changed then.

Sounds like you got the two-weapon stuff right.

Welcome to the boards!

Thanks, and thanks for the help. :D

Back