Illustration, rough stats: Personal Grav Pod

wbnc

Cosmic Mongoose
grav_spphere_by_wbyrd-dazd68u.png

Tired of puttering about on a grav scooter, want to get from orbit to surface without waiting at the terminal, crowding into a commuter shuttle, or wearing a vacc suit on a glorified floating chair......well Heres the solution to your problem. It's sealed has basic communications and sensors, with a radio so you can call for help if ya need it. It's not as flashy as a Grav Bike, and has no room for cargo but it can get from surface to low orbit, or the next city in less than an hour.

2 spaces
Hull: 4 pt
Armor:4
Agility: +1
Speed: Fast (485 Kph)
range: 3000 Km
shipping: 1 Dton
Crew: 1
Passengers: 0
Cargo: personal belongings
life support
vaccum seal
Auto Pilot: improved
Sensors:Basic
Communications: Improved 500km
Navigation systems: basic
Cost Cr90,500

I am considering tweaking the life support to 12 hours as a vehicle quirk. the life support figures just seem too good for a compact under the seat air scrubber and heater unit.

You get into the vehicle through the rear canopy section which sides down into the hull and is held secure by latches and air pressure at high altitude or in a vacuum.
I 'll probably add a couple of grav chutes from the equipment section as extras, as a self-recovery system for if the pod loses power or the drives pack it in...seems a good workaround for a rescue system.

A stripped down non-life support version could be ordered which would greatly reduce the cost. However high altitude flight and space operations would be far less comfortable and require wearing a vacc suit or breathing gear.

Nice.

You could get some real life inspiration from these:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38967235

Annatar Giftbringer said:
Looks good, I want one!

That's about the best complimentI can imagine :D

AnotherDilbert said:
Brilliant!

How about a coupé version with two seats, and a foldable seat/cargo bay?
here ya go...
2_man_grav_pod_by_wbyrd-dazhn5t.png

Sigtrygg said:
Nice.

You could get some real life inspiration from these:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38967235
I already have a drone version statted up :D it seemed like a natural development...

I was skipping through the Clone Wars, spotted it and looked it up.

The wings fold and appear to have solar panelling, a hint of the future.

Condottiere said:
I was skipping through the Clone Wars, spotted it and looked it up.

The wings fold and appear to have solar panelling, a hint of the future.

I like it its a handy little combat pod, great for scouting or infantry support. give it a couple of plasma guns in fixed mounts or Light Autocannons if yer feeling low tech...and it could make itself a real nuisance. Id probably skip the solar panels, use the folding fins as mounts for grav plating or part of the drive system...Sunshine is really great for somethings, but when ya need a few kilowatts of juice everytime you hit the gas you might need a more robust power supply.

Back