I went crazy today!

Today I lost my mind. I ordered the Atlantean Edition and the GM Screen from Mongoose, I ordered Pirate Isles from Overstock.com, and I ordered The Scrolls of Skelos and The Road of Kings from Amazon.com. Hell, I don't even play the game! This is good stuff, Mongoose. Thank you.

Wicked Tinker said:
Today I lost my mind. I ordered the Atlantean Edition and the GM Screen from Mongoose, I ordered Pirate Isles from Overstock.com, and I ordered The Scrolls of Skelos and The Road of Kings from Amazon.com. Hell, I don't even play the game! This is good stuff, Mongoose. Thank you.

So what made you take this decision? :)

Had you read reviews, seen someone else's copy, or did you simply decide you had to have it? :)

Wicked Tinker said:

Let us know if you actually get Pirate Isles. I saw its picture (rather, the old pre-release cover) on Overstock's webpage, but it's listed as Conan RPG (Hardcover). They do have RoK and SoS listed by name, however.

sbarrie said:
Let us know if you actually get Pirate Isles. I saw its picture (rather, the old pre-release cover) on Overstock's webpage, but it's listed as Conan RPG (Hardcover). They do have RoK and SoS listed by name, however.

Ah-ha, so that's what happened to the final distributor/retailer copies of the 1st printing :D

Yes, I was worried about that when I got my order confirmation. I went back to my account status page and confirmed that the product I ordered was, in fact, Pirate Isles. The price is significantly below the price for the core book, so even if it is the core book, I will not feel cheated (just devoid of Pirate Isles!)

mthomason said:
Had you read reviews, seen someone else's copy, or did you simply decide you had to have it? :)

Well, I had purchased the core book some months ago, enjoyed the read, but never got an opportunity to play. My group had just finished a campaign and my offer to run Conan was rejected in favor of Eberron. Anyway, I was content with just the core book since I was not actively playing the game, but I had the good fortune of attending the Dragonflight gaming convention in Seattle last month. There was one game of Conan being run, so I made sure to get a ticket to that event. Only three players showed up, so perhaps that speaks to the popularity of the game in the Seattle area. The GM was fantastic and I really enjoyed the session. Since then I have been thinking about the game and devouring all the Conan pastiches I could get (primarily Jordan, who cannot touch Howard but is, nevertheless, entertaining). I saw the cheap price of Pirate Isles on Overstock.com, so I took the plunge. Now I need only gather some players and run some of the scenarios that I received from the Sons of Cimmeria program. Hopefully the players I get will enjoy the game as much as I do and be willing to continue into a campaign.

I myself finally took the plunge and bought the Conan RPG earlier this week. Now I am hooked! Today I purchased The Road of Kings. I am really looking forward to Across Thunder River.

Decado

I received Pirate Isles from Overstock.com today. I ordered my Atlantean edition from Mongoose well before this order, but PI came first. Hmmm, come on Mongoose, I want my book! :) Seriously, Overstock is a great place to find things on the cheap.

Back