i.s.a. fleet

leagionair

Mongoose
i have been playing the isa fleet for a mouth now and one of my freinds asked about the way i play with other races . i use 1 point for each other races i add so i had no idea on if we are right or not . i asked my gaming store but he was not sure eather . so can some one help me out ? can you use more than one races with the i.s.a. fleet ? please let me know thanks

ok but if you take from the non-aliged worlds can you use more that just the drazi or poc or abba or bikki ? they are all from the same races by the book ?

Da Boss said:
Choose one race and add one FAP worth of ships - not from multiple races :)

Which is kind of silly BTW. In the show you saw multiple races in the same fleet for the ISA.

Dave

yea and the league is as one race . by the book . so you should be able to use the vree,pak'ma'ra,drazi,brakiri,abbai as one ....but maybe in the new rules they will make it more clear . i hope so ...

In the basic first ed rules, the League have a single feet list, but SFOS split them up into constituent races, meaning the ISA could only pick ships from any one race at a time.

Davesaint said:
Da Boss said:
Choose one race and add one FAP worth of ships - not from multiple races :)

Which is kind of silly BTW. In the show you saw multiple races in the same fleet for the ISA.

Dave
In the show, we saw the army of light (mixed fleet), and the White star fleet (no other ships). Apart from the Drakh attack on Earth, I can´t think of a truly mixed fleet since the founding of the ISA at the moment. So, technically, unless you create a fleet list of the army of light (which would basically only have White Stars as ISA ships); adding allies from a single League fleet is already more than what we see on screen

lastbesthope said:
As MEB points out, the multi race fleet is Army of Light, not ISA.

LBH

The Army of Light was made up of all the members of the ISA. You also saw League, Minbari, and Whitestars together at Coriana 6.

Dave

Actually it's the other way round, the Army of Light predates the ISA.

Therefore any mixed fleet pre 2262 when the ISA was founded,(and further before any race in it signed the declaration of principles and is admitted to the ISA) isn't technically an ISA fleet.

LBH

lastbesthope said:

Therefore any mixed fleet pre 2262 when the ISA was founded,(and further before any race in it signed the declaration of principles and is admitted to the ISA) isn't technically an ISA fleet.

LBH

So let me get this right, in your opinion the races would work less together by forming a formal alliance than they did before that alliance was signed? That's Daft.

Dave

The League of Non-Aligned Worlds existed for what, a hundred years at least, and how often did the member worlds actually work together? They spent all their time arguing amongst themselves.

The Army of Light's cooperation was driven by the presence of a common enemy, the Shadows. Take that away, and the cooperation starts to vanish. The Minbari resent the Humans and vice versa, the Narn and Centauri still hate each other (before the Centauri pull out entirely) and the former League still argues amongst themselves. Not so hard to believe that the ISA doesn't cooperate as much as the Army of Light did.

Lord David the Denied said:
The League of Non-Aligned Worlds existed for what, a hundred years at least, and how often did the member worlds actually work together? They spent all their time arguing amongst themselves.

The Army of Light's cooperation was driven by the presence of a common enemy, the Shadows. Take that away, and the cooperation starts to vanish. The Minbari resent the Humans and vice versa, the Narn and Centauri still hate each other (before the Centauri pull out entirely) and the former League still argues amongst themselves. Not so hard to believe that the ISA doesn't cooperate as much as the Army of Light did.

Except you have the Dynamic leader in Sheridan that was calling in the markers that the League, Narn, Minbari, and Earthdome owed them for the defeat of the shadows and the overthrowing of Clark. Plus with the Drakh menace, you have a new race to focus your enemies on.

The parallel I would draw is the US, Free French, and Brits first against the Germans and then against the coming Soviet menace. The Narn would be the French, the Brits would be the Minbari, the other members of Nato would be the League for analogy purposes.

Dave

But you have a dedicated ISA strike force in the form of the Rangers, who use the White Stars (+ associated ship classes) as their fleet. So, any cooperation between the races would more likely consist of them sending troops to be trained as rangers.

Anything else would be an alliance out of necessity, which is represented by taking 1 fleet point of whichever race needs help at the moment.

Apart from that, it woul be dangerous to allow too much mixture between fleet lists for game balancing reasons.

The again, mixing all kinds of allies would be fun.

Really, I can live with the rules as they are, but wouldn´t be too bothered if things were different.

Davesaint said:
lastbesthope said:

LBH

So let me get this right, in your opinion the races would work less together by forming a formal alliance than they did before that alliance was signed? That's Daft.

Dave

I have neither formed nor stated an opinion on that matter, I am merely countering your earlier statement.

Davesaint said:

Dave

To my recollection we never see any multi race plus White Star ISA fleets in action. The only time I can think that we see more than one ISA race working together after the forming of the ISA, is the Narn-Drazi attack on Centauri Prime, and they were working outside the remit of the ISA, and as such couldn't technically be considered an ISA fleet.

The only multi-race fleets we see in action are in the pre ISA era. Such as the Army of Light.

LBH

It was the threat of the Shadows (and the Vorlons) that united so many races under one banner. Once that threat was gone, they each returned to their provincial issues and despite increasing political and economic cooperation, military cooperation didn't keep pace at quite the same rate due to mistrust over motives.

I'd be happy to see separate Army of Light rules and make the League worlds completely independent (aside from small numbers of allies for ISA fleets). A mixed fleet would have to be mixed rather than just picking one or two extra ships from a fleet or two to add to a main other fleet.

Triggy said:
It was the threat of the Shadows (and the Vorlons) that united so many races under one banner. Once that threat was gone, they each returned to their provincial issues and despite increasing political and economic cooperation, military cooperation didn't keep pace at quite the same rate due to mistrust over motives.

I'd be happy to see separate Army of Light rules and make the League worlds completely independent (aside from small numbers of allies for ISA fleets). A mixed fleet would have to be mixed rather than just picking one or two extra ships from a fleet or two to add to a main other fleet.
+

You mean like the fleet of league and minbari ships that showed up at earth to aid the EA and the ISA against the Drakh?

Or do you mean like the League, Minbari, and Whitestars fighing against the Shadows at Coriana 6?

Or the Narn and Drazi attacking the Centauri

There are always reasons for them to join together to face a greater threat

Well, I am done trying to strive to use common sense. The ISA was clearly modeled after The Allies in WW2 and Nato in the post war era. If you disagree, you disagree.....

Dave

Back