I just bought THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD for $5.50!

UncleBear

Mongoose
WalMart has THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD on their ultra-cheap DVD rack for $5.50. I discovered it while seeking out bad horror movies for Halloween.

In Texas in the 1930s, young schoolteacher Novalyne Price meets a handsome, eccentric, interesting young man named Robert Howard. He's a successful writer - of the pulp stories of 'Conan the Barbarian'; she's an aspiring one. A friendship develops into a sort of courtship. Based on a memoir by Novalyne Price.

I dig the movie. The insight into Howard's attitudes and mindset have helped me run my Conan game. It's not a great flick, but I'm happy to own it for cheap.

UncleBear said:
WalMart has THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD on their ultra-cheap DVD rack for $5.50. I discovered it while seeking out bad horror movies for Halloween.

In Texas in the 1930s, young schoolteacher Novalyne Price meets a handsome, eccentric, interesting young man named Robert Howard. He's a successful writer - of the pulp stories of 'Conan the Barbarian'; she's an aspiring one. A friendship develops into a sort of courtship. Based on a memoir by Novalyne Price.

I dig the movie. The insight into Howard's attitudes and mindset have helped me run my Conan game. It's not a great flick, but I'm happy to own it for cheap.

I loved the film. It's not the best movie in the whole wide world, if you'll pardon the joke, but it does provide a fantastic insight into Howard's mindset and creative process that can be very helpful to Conan GMs and players, as well as readers of his stories who don't game.

This is a film I would have loved to see but as I haven't a TV set ( :shock: ), I won't see it that soon.

If you like the film try and get hold of Novalyne Price Ellis' book One Who Walked Alone on which it's based.

Terry

Join The Robert E Howard Comics Group
Check out : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheREHcomicsgroup/
The Savage Tales of Solomon Kane OUT NOW !

The scene where Howard is typing furiously, while reading the scene aloud to himself, gives me chills. Anyone know what story that is?

I too picked it up a walmart for $5.50. I was going to post it but was beaten to it.

I enjoyed the movie immensely.

Razuur

Back